Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your top 5 concerts/shows of all time.

GSF

I just was lucky AJ, and tended to stumble into the some good parties.

The concert seen was killer in the mid 70's to the mid 80's in the NYC area. We had a great biker bar called "The Red Rail" which had a rep to attract bands after they did shows at the local dinner theater They started taking on rock bands and dropping the dinner part, and it was only a 300 seat hall with a rotating center stage. People would just drop in to unwind, and jam with whoever was on stage. The place was unreal, and also booked many well known bands of the time for their own shows.

Spent my 19th birthday there partying with the Commander Cody band on their bus between sets. An old friend of my sister is a close friend of Cody and he hooked me up with the band that night.

I saw Santana, Jorma, J Giels (sp), The New Riders, Southside Johnny, Garcia Band, David Bromberg, Bobby and the Midnights, John Lee Hocker, Twisted Sister, Rick Derringer, Poco, and Papa John Creech at the Rail for no more then the 2$ cover charge back then.

We also had all the major venue's of NY, NJ, and CT a short ride away. Philly and Boston were weekenders

Gone are the days.......................

Haven't been to a show in some years now, and had to turn down FREE Tickets to Tom Petty tonight at Teco Arena here in SW FL.:twitch: :twitch: :doh:

:cheers:

:smoke:

Originally posted by aREDSKIN

RUSH- at Lisner auditiorum (DC) 2112 tour. Just Damm!!!!

Thin Lizzy- Ontario theatre (DC) Man Phil Lynott was such a great live performer.

Judas Priest- Louies Rock City (Bailyes cross roads)

Y & T- Wax Museum ( DC)

Van Halen- Cap Center first album tour w/ Ted Nugent. Met them at peaches and they signed my circus mag.

All except Van Halen were small clubs. Got to see the bands up close.

I still have kodachrome of some of these bands.

I was at that ted nugent/ van halen concert. As much of a Ted fan I am, Van Halen Blew me away! I quit working at Gino's on RT1 to go to that show. I would have loved to have seen thin lizzy. Priest I saw at the cap centre in 1982. iron maiden opened for them. Check out my maiden/dio thread

:cheers:

Archived