Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OL Larry Moore injured/Fights Galore.

Rat_Boy

The problem with the Moore injury is not Moore himself - both Friedman and Fiore can play center, and Moore wasn't necessarily going to be the starter there anyway - it's the fact that we only have 10 O-linemen to begin with, and this means the other 9 guys are going to get even more reps. While that benefits a rookie like Dockery, the others like Tre don't need that burden. At least it's not a season ender like Raymer suffered in 2000.

I have said it before and I will say it again:

I want a knuckle-dragging pipe-hitting crazy ass mother ----er on this team that gets people hyped to play. I mean a real psycho, someone who teammates whisper about in locker room as being "not all there".

All it takes is 1 guy to impose his will on another in front of everyone to set the tone. Thats all it takes. We need someone to step up and do that. I don't care if its preseason or not, we need someone to get nasty on Saturday night.

Yes, I think Armstead came out thinking that he would start something here and I think its a good move. At least this shows they care and are pissed off. In years past, I got the impression that a lot of guys didn't worry about losing. I hope this team does.

Why is Wilbert Brown playing center over Lennie Friedman?

And I agree with OrangeSkin, I saw Dockery really get pushed around on a few plays. I think one of the Johnson fumbles was caused by his man. He was thrown out of the way. So maybe hes not ready to step in yet, which is good because I'm not sure shuffling the line that much is a good idea at this stage. The chemistry seems to be lacking on the o-line.

Wilbert Brown?........NOOOOOO!

Dammit, I'd rather see Fiore get some time at center and throw Dockery in there with the starters for a few snaps and see how he handles some of the big dogs. Wilbert Brown is an absolute liability, a revolving friggin door.

Wilbert Brown will play center because Moore is expected back. If Moore's injury lingers and he doesn't look to be ready by the opener you will see Fiore at center :)

the Redskins promised Fiore he would have first crack at one of the starting guard spots, so that's one of the reasons I think they are loathe to make that move so early on in the preseason.

But if it comes down to winning or losing they are betting that Fiore does the right thing and accepts the switch without much comment :)

The Redskins should be in better shape with Rod Jones coming back from his injury the first week. He can be the primary backup at OT and OG if Dockery is added to the starting lineup.

It may also be the case that Friedman, although ony 285, could see some time at OG as well. He started 14 games for the Broncos in 2001 and despite giving up a sack last week is known as a solid protector.

The way I see it, Armstead is a proven veteran who know's what it takes to succeed. His comments that the team stood around and got hit in the mouth shows that they played soft. I tend to agree. We just made too many mental (droped balls) and physical (getting pushed around) mistakes against the Panthers. Hell, we needed someone to step up and put some fire into the squad.

What sucks about the Moore thing is the chemistry issue. We got great guards in the offseason but the big question for the o-line is how long will it take to gel, and the center is the biggest part of that. If he's back for the Jets game, great, but Fiore and Thomas won't be used to playing next to him and it'll likely be even further into the season before we really see the o-line becoming what it should be.

Archived