Extremeskins

OL Larry Moore injured/Fights Galore.

Rat_Boy

Moore Is Injured, Redskins Wake Up

Center Hurts Knee, Teammates Scuffle

By Mark Maske

Washington Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, August 12, 2003; Page D01

Washington Redskins center Larry Moore injured his left knee during yesterday's practice and team officials think he could be sidelined until just before the regular season. Moore is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam today, but the Redskins believed last night that he had a torn posterior cruciate ligament and would be sidelined two to three weeks.
Just what we DO NOT need.

And on a different note from the same article:

Morton and Armstead had one run-in after Armstead grabbed Morton by the jersey on a play and wouldn't let go. That led to most of the players who were participating in the drill piling up in a fight. Arrington went after several offensive players, including wide receiver Rod Gardner.

"We needed to get going," Morton said. "We needed to pick it up, and I think we did. . . . I think it's good. I think it's very good. It got the team going. It got everybody fired up, and we'll be ready for this weekend."

"I think a lot of the guys felt like Carolina came out and tried to manhandle us," linebacker LaVar Arrington said. "Even though we're not taking it to heart that we lost the game, they came out and tried to manhandle us. I think it showed in the pace [yesterday] that guys are not going out to get manhandled. We picked up the pace. It was a beautiful practice."
Read the rest about this and the many fights and scuffles at camp today right HERE.

I think its about time we have some hits, fighting, etc. in camp. For christ sake this is football. This is not some calm/calculating sport. This is an emotional, channeled, but still furious activity. You practice like you play, everyone complained about our intensity the first game. I am happy to hear this (except the part about larry).

Ryan

Robert Royal got work with the first-team offense yesterday and could move ahead of Zeron Flemister this week as the starter at tight end.

Thank God, it's about time. I was starting to think Flem had pictures of the entire front office and coaching staff in compromising positions....

Ps.: What's up with the birthday cake I'm not turning 28 until Friday..

The article doesnt say how Moore injured the knee, I wonder if he got hurt in the brawl, and got stuck on the bottom or something. Not to wish injury on anyone, but if there's a positive in this, at least it simplifies our logjam at Guard, and take advantage of Dockery's talents in the starting lineup and bump Fiore to center.

I'm not impressed with the fights in camp. Seems the players can't tell the difference between a friggin game and practice. We hear about Bowen's "crushing" hits in practice over and over, and now we hear about the defensive players takin out their game frustrations on their own teammates. Whoopee. Big Deal. F*** that. Show me something in a game. Don't be a crybaby in practice. What does it accomplish to hang on to Morton's arm long after the play is over ? That wouldnt even make a difference if it WAS the opposing team. In fact it would be a penalty. Another STUPID penalty that we're notorious for. And if you're going to hit hard in practice then do it in against the opposing team. Take it out on the Panthers, Patriots, etc, not just your teammates.

Hmmm Armstead staging it. Well, a basic leadership function,(unwritten), is the rare but effective planned loss of temper. Tends to get peoples attention. Not to mention an awsome tension breaker. :silly: Either that or Jesse was just in a foul mood as were others on the team. :box: :hammer: :stick: Can't imagine why. :rolleyes: Now if they would be so kind as to save some for the Patriots.

BTW. That was an interesting comment by Lavar. Almost makes ya think there's going to be some revenge come November.

:cheers:

"I think a lot of the guys felt like Carolina came out and tried to manhandle us," linebacker LaVar Arrington said. "Even though we're not taking it to heart that we lost the game, they came out and tried to manhandle us.

"Tried"?????

20 - 0. Try DID manhandle. From 1st string to last string. And it could of been worse (if they'd scored Tds instead of FGs.

Ya'll came out lackadaisical, and were off kilter. They came out better prepared and hungry ....

And yes it was the 1st preseason game so it means diddly. But the thing was ugly even if it had been a peewee game.

This is the part I liked...

"I think guys said that before we even left the field in Carolina: 'We've got to step up the pace,' " Arrington said. "It just looked like they were a little bit ahead of us in terms of how hard they were going. It was a good little wakeup call for us. It served its purpose."

Like I said, loosing the first pre-season game like that can be a good thing from a motivational standpoint. Much better than blowing them out and walking away satisfied. :D

Hopefully the injury to Moore is not too bad. I believe Dockery is going to be a beast, but it may take him a few games to get up to speed.

BTW. That was an interesting comment by Lavar. Almost makes ya think there's going to be some revenge come November.

I agree Park City. I think Fox screwed up letting Davis vent on us in that game. Davis got to let off some steam and we got motivated to stop him when it counts. Dumb. Not that I'm complaining mind you... but BOY was that dumb. :doh: :laugh:

Actually Mike, that was just part of it. Lavar's statement about being manhandled comes across as being a little surprised. Maybe he speaks for himself, but by the sounds of it,(as reported by several posters), this could be reflective of alot of the players.

Maybe not. But it seems to me that Carolina came out a little energetic, especially Davis. Skins are going to remember that come November.

:cheers:

The Redskins likely will temporarily replace Moore with Wilbert Brown rather than performing a major reshuffling in which Dave Fiore would be moved from left guard to center and rookie Derrick Dockery inserted at guard.

Wilber Brown :doh: I hope the Post is full of :pooh:

Archived