Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan Guarantees Portis Will Be At Voluntary Workouts

Ellis Dee

still cant believe all the Cp disdain on this board. Cp is extremely motivated to play for shanny and get back to the cp everyone use to love on this board. cp will be in shape, alot ligther, and ready to make a run to the pro bowl this year. When players believe in what they are being asked to do you will be surprised what the results will be. Cp is far from washed up

I don't have any disdain for the man. I actually want him to be successful. I'm just tired of all of the excuses and finger pointing, especially in the media. If he could at least return to what he was in the first half of 2008, then i would be happy. I really hope what you're saying is right and that he's 100% on board with what Shanny wants out of him.

Vinny asked Portis to redo his contract so they could get under the cap and he okayed this cut and delay of pay with a guarantee.

He is a team player and is a Redskinso bash somebody else!!!

Is his entire contract for 2010 guaranteed? I doubt it, since that's not how NFL contracts typically work.

The good news is Vinny's stupidity is finally paying off. Shanny can use the inflated salaries of our remaining players against them because almost nobody on this team could get paid anywhere else like they get paid here. LL and Carlos are exceptions though, so it'll be interesting to see what happens to them.

By the way, CP has been over rated since the second he became a Redskin. I can't wait for the day when we have a running back who can actually make a tackler miss in open space. CP's tough, but he's not elusive.

I don't know if this has been discussed on here, but are there not issues with our RFA's attending workouts if they still remain unsigned ? Are they not at some form of risk if they get injured, or is the fact that they have been tendered carry some form of financial security / guarantee. Or does it not really matter as they are 'only' workouts ?

Yesterday the Sports Reporters had some interesting thoughts on the Shanahah/CP workout topic. The comments from Shanahan were pretty much a "shot across the bow" as they put it, but the signing of LJ was the second part of the blast. In essence, Portis needs to get in shape, because his potential replacement, who may be even hungrier for the job, is coming in.

They went on to say that they still believe Shanahan and Allen will draft a back in this year's draft, someone young for the future. I honestly am not a huge fan of CP, but I do think he has 1 or 2 productive years left if in shape. Maybe all the posturing and signings are Shanahan's way of seeing all this through.

Archived