Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Program alert: Houston texans vs titans on Sunday

gutlead74

I watched some of it. It was very interesting how they were able to find the weakness in the defense and exploit it. Despite Johnson being their main target, they seem to get everyone involved in the offense, something we rarely do.

“There are 32 teams and it really doesn’t matter what you do, this is a league in which everyone works hard and everyone is at the top of their game,” he said. “It doesn’t matter if you’re successful two weeks in a row, that third team will stop it. So it’s about adjusting.

“It doesn’t matter what you do well, defenses are too smart and they’ll figure out how to stop it. It’s having an answer to counter that. And not just having an answer as a coach, but teaching players how to counter it, too.”

Shanahan is expected to serve as the Redskins’ play-caller.

“I’ve been [calling plays] for two years, and I feel calling plays is about preparation,” he said. “I’m not going to sit there and go completely off stats--you’re going to study all week and you have to get a feel for their defensive coordinator, and you have to try think like him.

“I just want to watch and watch it until I know it and I can feel it. And you kind of get a hunch of what they’re thinking and you try to roll with it.”

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Kyle_Shanahan__New_Offense_To_Have_Similar_Foundation_105982.jsp

I already have great confidence in Kyle and reading articles like this reaffirm my faith.

I think Zorn's initial concepts were on point (2007 6-2), but he i felt he kept bringing the same gameplan concepts to each game. And last year especially defenses were way ahead of our initial gameplan in the 1st half of games and that's why we struggled to move the ball.

Archived