Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sunday Ticket Change

SmootDawg21

I apologize if this has been discussed but I just found out about this new programming restriction:

New Restriction

Game Availabitlity:

NFL Sunday Ticket consists of Sunday games broadcast on FOX and CBS at 1pm and 4pm EST. However, GAMES BROADCAST BY YOUR LOCAL FOX OR CBS STATION MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON NFL SUNDAY TICKET. Tune to your local FOX or CBS station to view these games.

Here is where it gets tricky. I live in Mississippi. If my local FOX or CBS station happens to broadcast a Redskins game, it will be blacked out on the Sunday Ticket channels. If that affiliate then happens to switch away from that game, I am screwed. It will still be blacked out on the Ticket.

I am sick and tired of local affiliates...

SmootSkins21 - I have had the Sunday Ticket since it's inception. But this year, they are adding this new restriction about blacking out the games that your local affiliates are broadcasting - forcing you to watch local programming if it happens to carry the game you are interested in. But, if that local affiliate then switches away from the game they were scheduled to carry, you are screwed.

Sunday Ticket has it blacked out because your local affiliate is showing the game - but your local affiliated switched to a different game. Bottom line - you may not be able to SEE THE GAMES YOU WANT TO SEE.

Living in Mississippi, we get the Saints and the Titans and then whatever game is being broadcast nationally. The 'Skins are rarely shown here on my local affiliates - so I should be OK. But others...

Plus, it was nice being able to channel surf sequentially during commercial breaks to see what was happening in other games. Now, we have to switch over to local FOX and CBS to see those games.

Last season I purchased the sports package which allows you to see all the major NCAA basketball games because I wanted to watch the terps. One of the games was scheduled to be on network, so they blacked out the game in my area, but halfway through the game it was a blowout, so the network switched away. As soon as this happened, the game I wanted to see became available on my special programming channel. Granted, this was not NFL sunday ticket, but if they can do this for college basketball I have to believe that it will work for NFL ST.

I would not be worried if I were you.

=DB

Archived