Extremeskins

CCR: Ex-NFLers headline FCA banquet

Arsenic

Ex-NFLers headline FCA banquet

By DALLAS COGLE

the Calvert Recorder

http://www.somdnews.com/stories/02172010/recmor140911_32219.shtml

Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2010

Former Washington Redskins running back and Super Bowl champion Reggie Evans will be the master of ceremonies for the gathering while Keith Elias — who played with the New York Giants and Indianapolis Colts in the 1990s — is the special speaker.

Evans signed as a free agent with the Redskins in 1982 and was part of the franchise's back-to-back Super Bowl runs, including a 27-17 victory against the Miami Dolphins his first year. The 1983 season saw Evans score four rushing touchdowns, including three in his career game at RFK Stadium in October of that year to power the Redskins past the Detroit Lions, 38-17. He shared the same backfield as Hall of Famer John Riggins during his Redskins tenure.

Evans played in 15 games in 1983, returning 10 kickoffs for 141 yards in addition to 11 rushing yards on 16 carries.

Click link to read more:

http://www.somdnews.com/stories/02172010/recmor140911_32219.shtml

Evans and Elias use the notoriety that accompanies their past NFL careers as a platform to positively impact the lives of youth and adults, regularly speaking at school, church, banquet, charitable and outreach functions.

Its always great to see ex players doing something great with their time & notoriety.

The fact that Evans was an ex-skin, from the glory days, makes this extra special :)

haha.. touche..

Now that you've quoted me on that, it's too late to edit :P So I'll go with it.

I'm glad someone decided to chime in :) Its not often that our small town papers write anything about the Redskins. I was so excited, I used a silly word, apparently. haha

This could be a good chance to get an autograph for those with playing cards stashed away.

Hail!

Archived