Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Debate: Draft History, OL

Looking For Number Four

The only stat that means anything is the number of pro bowl offensive linemen who are drafted in the first 2 rounds compared to the guys who make the pro bowl who are drafted in rounds 3-7 and then free agency. Round 2 is usually when most PRO BOWL guards and centers are drafted. Round 1 is where the tackles come from.

I believe the Skins would be far better focusing on the THREE interior linemen first. Drafting 2 Pro Bowl guards and a Pro Bowl center would be far more helpful than having one single pro bowl tackle.

Trading down and picking up another 2nd is extremly possible...and with a first and 2 second round picks the Skins could indeed solidify the interior 3 positions immediately.

There is no way to fix all the problems but that horrible PUSH UP THE MIDDLE that we have gotten use to can be fixed immediately....in April.

People make comments about spread qb's from college going pro, but maybe we could actually throw in more spread looks. We have quality depth at wr, so why not?

I think eventually more OCs will incorporate some spread elements into their offenses. We've seen it already from Josh McDaniels in New England in 2007 where Brady was in a lot of shotgun no back spread looks. Chan Gailey (to this day one of the better coaching jobs i've seen from a QB) created an entire spread option offense for Tyler Thigpen after the Chiefs 1st and 2nd QBs were injured for the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=3717080

Thiggy's KC offense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dATgH...layer_embedded

Vince Young with the Titans and Andy Reid with Vick with the Eagles.

More and more QBs coming out of college are coming for the spread it only makes sense for a team to add some of their favorite spread elements into their offense if only to help them tranisition into the NFL.

Archived