Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving to Port Charlotte, Fl. Need help please.

grimreaper36

All I know about that town is it was the hardest hit Florida location by a hurricane, probably since Hurricane Andrew hit Miami/Homestead.

Almost the whole town was flattened. I don't know how much they've rebuilt, so there may not be many options there.

It's recovering nicely from what I understand.

Now it's just hurting from the economy like many places.

My family and I moved from Alexandria to Port Charlotte in 1967,so I do know a little about the area.The economy is not real strong at the present mainly due to the new construction downturn an other factors currently felt throughout the country .The area has bounced back very well from Charley as far as getting things repaired and rebuilt.Rentals are plentiful and affordable.Decent houses can be bought really cheap right now.Would be glad to answer any questions and possibly give some contacts for rentals.Mike,feel free to send me a private message and I will respond and try to help out.

All I know about that town is it was the hardest hit Florida location by a hurricane, probably since Hurricane Andrew hit Miami/Homestead.

Almost the whole town was flattened. I don't know how much they've rebuilt, so there may not be many options there.

Port Charlotte was hit very hard but Punta Gorda which is accross the Peace River was hit even harder.Both towns are in Charlotte County and both have recovered nicely.

Archived