Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MNF in High Definition

RabidFan

I have a separate channel for ABC-HD. I get the HD programming on the special "ABC-HD" channel (same as NBC-HD, etc.) on my cable box. I could be wrong, but I don't think the standard channels are capable of showing it in HD. You have to have the hookup and get it on the HD channels. That's the way it works for me, anyway.

Looked beautiful down here in orlando on brighthouse network cable HD. Apparently, Fox is transitioning to HD (720p) and, hopefully, will show at least some games in HD nest year. The difference b/w the Faux HD from Murdock and true HD from CBS and ABC is astounding.

Can't wait till the first thurday night game of the season live in HD!!!

Originally posted by Larry Brown #43

I have a separate channel for ABC-HD. I get the HD programming on the special "ABC-HD" channel (same as NBC-HD, etc.) on my cable box. I could be wrong, but I don't think the standard channels are capable of showing it in HD. You have to have the hookup and get it on the HD channels. That's the way it works for me, anyway.

You are correct

Originally posted by carlsbadd

I got the local 7-1 feed in HD last night in Annandale, VA.

I have the Hughes E 86 set top box.

What kind of setup are you running Rabid?

Carl, I have Directv with the exact same setop box as you and didn't have full screen HD with my local OTA channel 7-1 .....bizarre

That's odd. I did notice that ABC changed over to 4:3 after the rainstorm. but it was HD 16:9 (for me at least) up untill that point in the broadcast.

It could be that your 7-1 channel got re-mapped somehow. Next time it happens try checking the digital signal on the hughes for the real channel number. I think that 7-1 is 39 or something like that. How strange

Originally posted by RabidFan

Anybody get a HD feed for MNF last nite? I only watched around the first quarter but Over the Air Channel 7-1 was not HD on my set. Anyone get their feed in HD or on another local channel?

not sure when you started watching but the hd did not start coming thru until aboout 8:20 due to some problems at the network, apparently -- though this was midway thru the first quarter.

Ok cool guys thanks......I watched only the first 15mins or so.... but its only preseason....hoping it will be fixed by first monday nite game as I'll be at FedEX for the Thurs Jets opener......Carl....how do you mean check the signal for "the real channel" 39 ......do you mean in install setup..... i actually did a new local scan before that game .....so ch. 39 should show up as well on my OTA local scan and that is another ABC channel? Thanks

Ok cool guys thanks......I watched only the first 15mins or so.... but its only preseason....hoping it will be fixed by first monday nite game as I'll be at FedEX for the Thurs Jets opener......Carl....how do you mean check the signal for "the real channel" 39 ......do you mean in install setup..... i actually did a new local scan before that game .....so ch. 39 should show up as well on my OTA local scan and that is another ABC channel? Thanks

Channel 7-1 is "mapped" to your guide. The actual channel is UHF 39. 4-1 is 48, 26-1 is 27 and so on. To get the actual channel numbers go to .

www.antennaweb.org

If you go into your install guide and select signal meter and then select local digital it will give you the signal meter for you local digitals but you have to put in the real number like 36 for 5-1. This gives you a idea of how much signal you are getting. I have to use this all the time because I am in a area where multipath wrecks my signal and I have to rotate my antenna for different channels.. hope this helps

Originally posted by carlsbadd

Channel 7-1 is "mapped" to your guide. The actual channel is UHF 39. 4-1 is 48, 26-1 is 27 and so on. To get the actual channel numbers go to .

www.antennaweb.org

If you go into your install guide and select signal meter and then select local digital it will give you the signal meter for you local digitals but you have to put in the real number like 36 for 5-1. This gives you a idea of how much signal you are getting. I have to use this all the time because I am in a area where multipath wrecks my signal and I have to rotate my antenna for different channels.. hope this helps

Carl, so are you saying you have to rotate your antenna sometimes for local signals using your remote from the installation menu setup? Does this moving of the dish mess up your other channels local or directv??

Carl, so are you saying you have to rotate your antenna sometimes for local signals using your remote from the installation menu setup? Does this moving of the dish mess up your other channels local or directv??

I have a separate outdoor antenna to get the local digital channels(that's the only way to get them since directv does not carry the local digitals) My antenna is on a separate rotor control. I use the signal meter to postion the antenna for the best signal ,but use a different remote for that.

The dish cannot be moved or rotated as the signal is always fixed to the position of the satelitte.

I hear you I have an indoor attic antenna with no rotor, just manual adjustments and it never shows a signal meter on my setop box install section when I have it on a local channel then go into setup install section ....none of the locals show up on the meter....

Ok Rabid , Here is what you need to do to see you local digital signal meter. Go into your install menu and choose "Source" it will bring up 4 options choose local digital. You then have to punch in the physical channel numbers. 4-1 is 48 ,5-1 is 36 and so on. Get the list from antennaweb.org.

When you are in this option you cannot change channels with the channel up/down button you have to punch them in. Hope this helps..

Archived