Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sunday Post Game Meetings

I keep coming back to the fact that Vinny (and possibly Snyder) met with Zorn on Sunday after the game to discuss the play calling issue. It's been mentioned by other coaches that Snyder likes to have a meeting on Sundays after the game with the Head Coach to discuss what happened. I'm not sure if this is an every week thing or not.

I don't think coaches have post game meetings. I would imagine they are emotionally and mentally spent. They know it's best to let perspective set in and watch some game film before analyzing the game.

Do we know if this is a weekly post game chat between ownership and Head Coach? Doesn't this seem like common sense that gameday isn't the best time to discuss what just happened? Is there further information about these meetings?

who owns the team? Synder has every right to have a meeting. I'm sure he wants to know what the hell is going on. Its on Vinny anyway.

Of course. He can also change the colors to purple and silver. That don't make it right.

Do we know if this is a weekly post game chat between ownership and Head Coach? Doesn't this seem like common sense that gameday isn't the best time to discuss what just happened? Is there further information about these meetings?

At minimum it is extremely poor leadership. Just awful.

Who would thrive in an environment like that, with a boss like that?

Joe Gibbs, yes. Everyone else, no.

i keep trying to picture how this meeting went down, and all i can think of is how vinny acts on redskins nation and his radio show. now he's no genius, but i from what i see and hear of him i think "he can't be THAT dumb and ruthless." even people that have very little football knowledge realize you can't bring in a guy and have him do something this important after 2 weeks on the job. and he doesn't come off as a guy who can get tough and give an ultimatum like that. and why even have a press conference announcing this? why not just make the change, then if it goes well make the announcement? the media isn't even nitpicking now, they are legitimately giving them material that makes them look stupid. each week zorn and campbell look less and less like the problem, and it seems like no coach and qb could be successful here.

At minimum it is extremely poor leadership. Just awful.

Who would thrive in an environment like that, with a boss like that?

Joe Gibbs, yes. Everyone else, no.

As someone who has spent time in the post game locker room and has some inside info, can you shed any light on this or the extent of ownerships involvement with the coaching staff?

Archived