Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Benching JC a start, firing Vinny needed next

FanSinceSonnyJ

Great move by Coach Zorn yesterday in finally benching Campbell for inept performance. Unfortunately I have just been informed he has been named the starter next Monday. This is a mistake in my opinion. We now know the Campbell is nothing more than a mediocre QB and will not be part of the Redskins future, so why not put in the guy who may actually be able to win a few games for us? Hopefully we can address the QB position in the offseason.

The reality is we have problems that run so deep that unfortunately I believe it will take years to turn it around. My personal opinion? Only when Danny fires Vinny and puts a real football guy in charge of the front office, and doesn't meddle, can we start making the strides needed. I applaud Danny for his passion, but sadly his execution in building a championship caliber team is not working. He needs to put his personal feelings for Vinny aside and let him go.

There should be a new rule that there can not be anymore threads with

"Firing Vinny" in the title unless there is strong speculation that Dan is going to do so. I keep glancing at these titles and getting hopes that Vinny is about to get fired.

I agree... a few times my heart jumped... only to be let down... ahh such is life.

Benching Campbell may be a good idea if Todd Collins wasn't the back up. JC gives us the most hope. We haven't seen his best yet, can you say the same for collins?

So in your humble opinion we should given Jason about 15 years of coddling as the starter before we call him a bust? :D

Sorry most of us have seen enough to call a dud a dud, including Coach Zorn (finally).

Collins is no Tom Brady, but he certainly is better than Campbell. Campbell doesn't improve, he just plays more timid so he won't make mistakes, yet he still does so. Inaccurate, slow reads, stares down receivers, poor decisions, poor touches on throws - just how much more pitiful play must you see before you are convinced he just is not a good pro QB???

Archived