Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical - Who evaluates and hires a new GM?

Metalhead

This is a hypothetical situation which affects the structure of the current regime. I rarely start topics and this has been on my mind for a few weeks now. Some of this may have been brushed on in other threads but not brought into focus.

Suppose Cerrato got the axe. What happens then in terms of remaining Front Office management, critical input, and evaluation of GM candidates?

Snyder has proven that he does not possess a football mind and does not understand the intricacies of team building. I'm referring to the areas of position depth, talent level, adequate coaching structure (chain of command), hiring and accountability. Snyder has employed Cerrato for the last several years, who by in most professional circles is regarded as weak or poor in the GM capacity. They were a "hands-on" pair. They meddled. They hired coordinators before the head coach. From what I can see he is the same Snyder, so I assume he will likely continue to make the same mistakes.

Following Cerrato's removal in this scenario, some questions:

1. Is Snyder his own source for interviewing and hiring a GM?

2. How does Snyder know what makes a good candidate outside of their name and long-past superbowl rings?

3. Who would create a list of young, hungry football minds ready to become a GM of a franchise, and how would they compile the list? Are there any prerequisites to qualify?

4. Who would tell Snyder that Candidate B is not qualified, or that Candidate C could be a great, cunning general manager? Basically, who tells Snyder "no"?

I know some of the questions could appear vague and generalized. But when you have a chance, at least think about them.

That's actually the problem. Cerrato gets fired, and who makes the decision about who the GM is going to be? Snyder, obviously. Does anyone trust Snyder to make a good decision here? I don't.

And let's say Snyder does make a good decision and hire a good football guy. What are the chances he actually backs off and lets that guy do his thing? People just don't change that quickly, and Snyder obviously likes to be involved in the day-to-days of the football side, a place he has no business being.

That's actually the problem. Cerrato gets fired, and who makes the decision about who the GM is going to be? Snyder, obviously. Does anyone trust Snyder to make a good decision here? I don't.

And let's say Snyder does make a good decision and hire a good football guy. What are the chances he actually backs off and lets that guy do his thing? People just don't change that quickly, and Snyder obviously likes to be involved in the day-to-days of the football side, a place he has no business being.

That's what I'm afraid of. I'm digging around for any hope, but it looks bleak at present.

Good point to. I honestly didn't think of him hiring the right guy. Personally I don't think he would keep his hands off, even if just to say to the world "look I can hire a successful guy".

Let Sonny get involved somehow. He is almost always right in what he calls and he is very perceptive. I hope Sonny is called in to advise Snyder this time because Snyder cannot make good decisions. He ran Six flags into the ground and he is doing an even better job of running the Redskins Franchise into the ground.

Little Hitler cannot be stopped. Its HIS toy.

Archived