Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Plea To Snyder: Call a Summit (MET)

celticsalmon

A plea to Dan Snyder-the FAN:

With a couple of phone calls and maybe a lunch or two, you-Dan Snyder could bring together his heros. Sonny, Sam, Riggo, Joey T, Doc Walker, Lavar, Mark May, Mark Schlereth, all of them are still actively involved in thegame from the broadcasting side of it. They see the pro and college game. They have a lot of insight and wisdom to share.

Call a summit-invite Art Monk and Gary Clark, Darrell Green and Charles Mann, Jacoby and Bostic. Ask them for advise and help. Listen to them. They care about the Redskins as much as you say you do.

Hail!

Nice thought, but the sentiment to always look to this organization's past, no matter how successful it was, gets old.

When the day and time comes to introduce a new head coach, I really hope they keep those three Super Bowl trophies out of the conference room. Its time for the Skins to stop looking at the old ones and focus on doing what it'll take to earn new ones.

I too am tired of the 3 trophies-that was then. This is about getting advise. Can any other franchise boast so many former players who are in broadcasting (college and pro football)? Not only do these ex Skins know todays' game, but they are loyal to the Redskins. They still care and they have wisdom. Use it.

I agree with both sentiments, the game of football has not changed all that much certain aspects have changed, with new stratergies etc, but the summit of the old players is not a bad idea, expecting danny to listen to the advice however will never happen, he may say he cares about the team, but his actions tell a different story. he spends money on players who only have a limited playing time left, and as we all know he uses draft picks to get these players, so we lose both ways, we got old and worn out and we give up the chance for new and promising. But we still run the ball basically the same, and pass the ball the same, at this time we are short somewhere, is it the Head Coach who got the job by default, the assistant coaches who were hired by the FO and not the HC, The QB, who doesn't seem to be improving, and at times I believe, makes the line look bad by hanging onto the ball too long, ensuring that the linbe just runs out of ideas and time to protect him, a RB who is aging (unfortunately) and who needs to be used sparingly to keep him going as long as he can, whatever the reason we are not performing, only one person can change it, and over the last 10 years he has not changed his stance and i dont see that happening now, however, the summit idea is a great one but only if danny is prepared to take the advice handed to him

A plea to Dan Snyder-the FAN:

With a couple of phone calls and maybe a lunch or two, you-Dan Snyder could bring together his heros. Sonny, Sam, Riggo, Joey T, Doc Walker, Lavar, Mark May, Mark Schlereth, all of them are still actively involved in thegame from the broadcasting side of it. They see the pro and college game. They have a lot of insight and wisdom to share.

Call a summit-invite Art Monk and Gary Clark, Darrell Green and Charles Mann, Jacoby and Bostic. Ask them for advise and help. Listen to them. They care about the Redskins as much as you say you do.

Hail!

Sounds like a good idea, but chances he is open to input?

I'd cut a few of those guys off the list...but I'd add Bobby Bethard. (Casserly shouldn't clear his calendar and wait for the call.)

This would never happen. There is a lot of resentment with some of the former players and the current owner. He didn't earn the super bowl trophies he loves to parade around with at the beginning of free agency season. I am sure that many of the players hate the fact that this guy is out there spending money and using the trophies that they fought and worked hard for only to have used as a prop and a photo op.

I think that the only players that Snyder will listen to is Sonny and Theismann. Many of the old guard have either become disenchanted to Snyder could care less about what they think of the team.

Archived