Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4 Legged New Edition

AdamB

My wife and I rescued a 3 month old puppy this week :)

We were told she was a St. Bernard Mix, but after doing research online, looking at pictures of other breeds around that same age, visiting owners forums, etc. we are pretty sure she is a Great Dane or more likely a Great Dane mix. The head shape and body are spot on (no pun intended) though her coloration is a tad off, she is 18" at the shoulder and is a little underweight at around 20 pounds (should be around 25-30) but otherwise in great shape. The rescue got her at around 2 months and she has already doubled in height. Either way we have big (180#) dog experience, so while we have alot more to learn, at least we have a starting point.

The other two nitwits have already accepted her. The pug mix just kinda ignores her existance once who was boss was established, and the puppy and our pittie are usually either playing together or dozing on the sofa together. They are actually about the same height (for now), and this week has been the first time I have seen my 3 year old pit drop on the sofa in pure exhaustion.

We are working right now on housebreaking and mouthing. She already has down and sit pretty good, and is taking to the leash ok, though she gets distracted easily.

ki3.jpg

Any Dane owners on here that can offer some tips? :)

Good luck with the new monster!!!!

I have a chocolate lab who is hell on wheels -- I can't imagine having a 180lb dog!! Hopefully, cheap dog food does the trick :)

Thanks!

And nah, even if she is full Dane it is unlikely she will ever hit 180 lbs. That was a mastiff we adopted years ago, and she only ate about 3 cups a day, give or take.

She made up for us not spending that much on food by making us clean drool off of our ceilings (literally).

Congrats on the new addition and thanks for taking her in.:)

Doesn't look like a Dane to me,but you will find out soon enough if she is lol

Thanks!

Ya, that picture is not a very good one. In person, she looks very very close, but she is probably mixed with something else.

Archived