Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could game tape answer all of these questions?

EnFoRcEr_uPu

Right now there are so many questions around this team it makes our heads hurt:

1. Is Campbell ever going to be an elite QB?

2. Who is to blame for lack of offensive productions?

3. Are the 2nd year receivers just busts or not being used correctly?

Is it even possible to get hold of actual game film these days? I would imagine getting to see the game from above in it's entirety could answer a lot of these questions.

I would love nothing more than to be able to watch the coach's tape, unfortunately it's next to impossible to get as a fan... the next best thing is catching an analyst breaking down the skins who does have that access...

I've heard rumors the NFL has been presented with the idea of providing different angles to the games (including the overhead) and letting fans choose which one they want to watch (to be offered in some sort of package) but it's just been rumors...

and yes, without the coach's tape, many aspects of the game argued on this site are speculative at best but entertaining nonetheless...

Is it even possible to get hold of actual game film these days? I would imagine getting to see the game from above in it's entirety could answer a lot of these questions.

JC will never be an elite QB for the Washington Redskins, I firmly believe that. I have always wanted Jason to succeed but I dont see it happening here. With everybody around him questioning him its obvious he now questions himself also. He can never grow in this City. I dont think that this franchise will ever develop a young talented drafted QB. I dont think you need game film to see that.

Game film will show you exactly what we see every Sunday with the Redskins. They move the ball and stutter. I believe that its a combination of execution, coaching, and lack of talent. I used to think that the Redskins were underachievers because they have so much talent. I now believe that they play at their levels and we have few stars on the team, both sides of the ball.

The young guys are lazy. They are the reason for their set backs. That is my honest belief. They still do not know the play book. They still go out and run lazy routes. I think out of the two Kelly is showing signs that he might step up and be a trustworth reciever. I wouldnt call them busts and I wouldnt say they arent being used correctly. I would say that they are both slow learners who are lazy and if by the end of the season are not productive can then be called busts. 2 years is plenty of time for them to become acclimated to the system, if they cant do it by the end of the season then they prove to be wasted picks as we've seen so many times in the past.

I would love nothing more than to be able to watch the coach's tape, unfortunately it's next to impossible to get as a fan... the next best thing is catching an analyst breaking down the skins who does have that access...

I've heard rumors the NFL has been presented with the idea of providing different angles to the games (including the overhead) and letting fans choose which one they want to watch (to be offered in some sort of package) but it's just been rumors...

and yes, without the coach's tape, many aspects of the game argued on this site are speculative at best but entertaining nonetheless...

I would pay the NFL network a ton extra if I could pick my camera angles. I have long fantasized about being able to focus in on the line play, the defensive backfield, etc. It can be really hard to evaluate a QB without seeing what the coverage is, who is open and missed, etc.

I would pay the NFL network a ton extra if I could pick my camera angles. I have long fantasized about being able to focus in on the line play, the defensive backfield, etc. It can be really hard to evaluate a QB without seeing what the coverage is, who is open and missed, etc.

I second that!

1. NO

2. Jason Campbell

3. Yes (think about it)

im with ya. i heard that you could buy game tape from places but it costs ridiculous money. not sure if thats true, but itd be awesome if you could.

They could a little,but after watching a bit of game tape with a coach or 2 I realized there's a whole lot more to it than that. Knowing the play,individual responsibilities,what the defense was running,who was keying one who and what,ect. were just a few of the things I heard discussed. Somehow,with all the action on the film coach,(in just the first playing of the tape),noticed someone did something wrong with their feet. :rubeyes:

Game film does answer the question of who was at fault for the 2nd INT (the one to Kelly on a deep sideline pattern), and that was CEARLY Kelly's fault.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200910...kins#tab:watch

Go to the "Redskins 16, Buccaneers 13" video and pause it at 1:06. Kelly is a bit ahead of his man at this point. Kelly slows down and jumps way early, making him come up short. Talib keeps running, and the ball comes right to him. JC actually makes a good throw, one that should've been a completion. JC gave his guy a chance to make a play, and he blew it.

Archived