Extremeskins

2003 Player Preview: Dan Wilkinson

FLSKINSFAN

http://www.redskins.com/story.asp?ContentID=11767

2003 Player Preview: Dan Wilkinson, DT

07/15/2003

By Jason Gould

Editor, Redskins.com

Entering his 10th NFL season and his sixth season in Washington, defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson is hoping to rebound from a calf injury that ended his 2002 season prematurely. Wilkinson strained his right calf on Week 13 at Dallas.

Wilkinson and the Redskins begin training camp in two weeks, with the first practice scheduled for July 28 at Redskin Park in Ashburn, Virginia. Be sure to get your training camp invitation here.

Dan Wilkinson

Number: 95

Height: 6-4

Weight: 353

Experience: 10th season

College: Ohio State

Career Highlight: On Week 7 of the 1999 season, the Redskins hosted the Bears at FedExField. When defensive end Marco Coleman sacked Chicago quarterback Shane Matthews and the ball flipped into the air, Wilkinson came down with the ball and rumbled 88 yards for a touchdown with diminutive Darrell Green as his convoy. The play gave Washington a 14-0 lead in their 48-22 win. The play marked the fourth-longest INT return for a touchdown in Redskins history.

Did You Know?: Approaching his sixth season in Washington, Wilkinson has spent the most consecutive seasons with the team of any player on the Redskins' roster. Offensive lineman Tre Johnson has spent more seasons with the team, but he played for Cleveland in 2001.

Expectations: Wilkinson is expected to play a key role in the middle of Washington's defensive line. With the additions of Brandon Noble and Jermaine Haley, the Redskins have added to an already solid interior defensive line.

Quote: "I just play hard, do what I know I'm capable of doing, and try not to let my teammates down."

-Dan Wilkinson

Archived