Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Note to Coaches: Make the Other Team Win!

derekc4

Like almost all of you yesterday, I watched the Skins get demolished by one of the best teams in the league. However before I rant hardcore, I want to dish out some positives:

1) Haynesworth- This guy is awesome and totally a gamebreaker. He is our defensive number one receiver.

2) Oline- They did incredibly well. We gave up two sacks and one of them is because our QB went full retard.

3) Lorenzo- Made some plays.

4) Horton- Total gamer and probably the best value draft pick in recent memory.

5) ARE- minus the one HORRENDOUS play, he's a natural in the slot.

6) Hunter- Finally we found a punter.

The rest of the game was pathetic, but while some players looked bad (Portis looked fat to me, and Hall was not in the game), I came away from the game disgusted.

7)Fletcher/Mcintosh- These guys love to play football.

Offense: To quote another thread, Campbell had more time yesterday than he did the previous four years combined, but they had trouble running the ball. They were also missing some CBs. Even the Campbell haters will admit the guy has a strong arm. So all you math majors out there, what do we do?

THROW THE GODDAMN BALL 23 TIMES IN A ROW IF YOU HAVE TO!

1)Why did we keep going back to the run? It obviously was awful. So what if we can't run? Arizona couldn't let their refrigerator run last year, and they had a chance.

2)Focus on 7 to 8 yard passes at least. Campbell has no touch on the deep ball and no accuracy on the short pass, so let's do all he can do. 3)Leave Portis in to block.

4)Get Moss off the field unless his head is in the game. Those 3 years at Da U couldn't obviously didn't help him learn sportsmanship.

5)Oh yeah, Zorn, stop calling gimmick plays and play that don't work. You need to learn what your team does well and make the other team stop you.

I had MUCH bigger problems with the defense though.

Blache is obviously a smart man, but does not play to his team's strengths.

1) Stop with the lame ass zone coverage so you can increase Hall's chance to make a play.

2) Put Wilson or Blades in as OLB, and put Orakpo on the line. Move Carter if you have to, and take Daniels off the field.

3)Alexander wants to play, keep putting them in there if he's going to make plays.

4)Either put Landry closer to the LOS or take him out of the game. I'm not hating on him, but the guy doesn't have the intelligence or football smarts to learn to make a play. He's a major disappointment and a hot head.

5) Re-sign Mcintosh. He wants to play.

Coaches/Conclusion:

At the minimum, if you try to win and make the other team beat you, you will give the audience a more exciting product. This slop you call a team was absolutely horrid. There's no cohesion. On defense there was one to two players in each unit (DL, LBs, secondary) that even acted like they wanted to play. And on offense the OL was playing the best they have since 2006, and we decide to throw screens to Moss, who probably would've been more productive had he been in Miami.

Final Note:

Stop teaching players to do what you think is theoretically the best, and do what you have to play to their abilities.

Like almost all of you yesterday, I watched the Skins get demolished by one of the best teams in the league. However before I rant hardcore, I want to dish out some positives:

1) Haynesworth- This guy is awesome and totally a gamebreaker. He is our defensive number one receiver.

2) Oline- They did incredibly well. We gave up two sacks and one of them is because our QB went full retard.

3) Lorenzo- Made some plays.

4) Horton- Total gamer and probably the best value draft pick in recent memory.

5) ARE- minus the one HORRENDOUS play, he's a natural in the slot.

6) Hunter- Finally we found a punter.

The rest of the game was pathetic, but while some players looked bad (Portis looked fat to me, and Hall was not in the game), I came away from the game disgusted.

7)Fletcher/Mcintosh- These guys love to play football.

Offense: To quote another thread, Campbell had more time yesterday than he did the previous four years combined, but they had trouble running the ball. They were also missing some CBs. Even the Campbell haters will admit the guy has a strong arm. So all you math majors out there, what do we do?

THROW THE GODDAMN BALL 23 TIMES IN A ROW IF YOU HAVE TO!

1)Why did we keep going back to the run? It obviously was awful. So what if we can't run? Arizona couldn't let their refrigerator run last year, and they had a chance.

2)Focus on 7 to 8 yard passes at least. Campbell has no touch on the deep ball and no accuracy on the short pass, so let's do all he can do. 3)Leave Portis in to block.

4)Get Moss off the field unless his head is in the game. Those 3 years at Da U couldn't obviously didn't help him learn sportsmanship.

5)Oh yeah, Zorn, stop calling gimmick plays and play that don't work. You need to learn what your team does well and make the other team stop you.

I had MUCH bigger problems with the defense though.

Blache is obviously a smart man, but does not play to his team's strengths.

1) Stop with the lame ass zone coverage so you can increase Hall's chance to make a play.

2) Put Wilson or Blades in as OLB, and put Orakpo on the line. Move Carter if you have to, and take Daniels off the field.

3)Alexander wants to play, keep putting them in there if he's going to make plays.

4)Either put Landry closer to the LOS or take him out of the game. I'm not hating on him, but the guy doesn't have the intelligence or football smarts to learn to make a play. He's a major disappointment and a hot head.

5) Re-sign Mcintosh. He wants to play.

Coaches/Conclusion:

At the minimum, if you try to win and make the other team beat you, you will give the audience a more exciting product. This slop you call a team was absolutely horrid. There's no cohesion. On defense there was one to two players in each unit (DL, LBs, secondary) that even acted like they wanted to play. And on offense the OL was playing the best they have since 2006, and we decide to throw screens to Moss, who probably would've been more productive had he been in Miami.

Final Note:

Stop teaching players to do what you think is theoretically the best, and do what you have to play to their abilities.

I feel your pain. This is a compilation of all the things we have been saying for some time now. Zorn is Stupid. Plain and simple. There is not a thing in the world we can do about that. He will lose his job Jan. 1 and we will receive a blessing from God....a new coach.

Until Jan. 1, just hope the Redskins lose so that we have a high draft pick and can finally get a defensive end...and that the new coach doesn't convert him to a cornerback.

Archived