Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CHFF: Bold and useless predictions (NFC East)

darklight1216

Time for some more cold, hard, football facts:

You know the other story, too: the knock on Manning has always been that he’s not the same quarterback in the playoffs as he is in the regular season. And it’s literally impossible to argue with that assessment. Manning’s Colts are 117-59 (.665) in the regular season, which makes him one of the winningest quarterbacks in the history of the game. Yet Manning’s Colts are a mere 7-8 (.467) in the postseason and have so many one-and-dones (a shocking six) that the organization should take out a patent on them. The Colts, for example, are 25-7 over the past two seasons – and failed to win a single playoff game.

Manning has also reserved the worst games of his career for the playoffs, dropping statistical clunkers in the 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2006 postseasons. His fans exhibit the same symptoms displayed by members of the Cult of Dan, crediting Manning for all of Indy's regular-season success and blaming everybody else for the team's poor postseason record. But even Indy fans, and factless Manning nut-scrubbers like Pete Prisco, can't explain away the dreadful 13.6 PPG the Colts have scored in their eight Manning Era playoff losses.

As much as you might think Peyton Manning has a great team around him, he doesn't. He is the best player in the NFL, and if wins another superbowl, which I think he will, then I think he will be the best quarterback ever. (I am a Manning>Brady all day person)

As much as you might think Peyton Manning has a great team around him, he doesn't. He is the best player in the NFL, and if wins another superbowl, which I think he will, then I think he will be the best quarterback ever. (I am a Manning>Brady all day person)

I think it was certainly the team around him that got him that ring. Three tds and seven interceptions... number one defense in the playoffs... hmmm...

Archived