Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 Tickets for sale in Section 433, Row 3 to Individual Games ($165)

rye79

Hey Guys,

I have two tickets in Section 433, Row 3 to the following games available:

Rams (SOLD)

Bucs

Chiefs

Broncos

Saints

I am asking $165 for each pair, which is below what I paid and below face value. These seats provide great views of the game.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Most of you on here are familiar with the stadium, but for those who are not, these seats are sideline seats that line up with the front of the end zone and provide great views of the game.

Just as a truth in advertising note: I sit in section 424, row 3 and I look straight down the goal line. Unless something is askew on that end of the stadium there is no way that 433 sits on the goal line. Not that these are bad seats at all.

If I am wrong I apologize in advance.

Yeah. The team describes the sections funny, and they've been doing it since the stadium was built - so you can't go and blame Snyder (lol).

It considers 428 a 50 yd line section, 429 a 40 yard section, 430 a 30 yard line section ... and so on...

But the truth is, row 29 of 430 is more closely aligned with the goal line because the sections are kind of like spokes on a bicycle wheel...

But if you carried the team's designation through, they'd say 433 were goal line seats. The truth though, is it's a front corner of the endzone. That is, it's behind the back line. And that includes the forward rows. Row 3 is a nice row though - rare hard to find something so low.

326.jpg

Yeah. The team describes the sections funny, and they've been doing it since the stadium was built - so you can't go and blame Snyder (lol).

It considers 428 a 50 yd line section, 429 a 40 yard section, 430 a 30 yard line section ... and so on...

But the truth is, row 29 of 430 is more closely aligned with the goal line because the sections are kind of like spokes on a bicycle wheel...

But if you carried the team's designation through, they'd say 433 were goal line seats. The truth though, is it's a front corner of the endzone. That is, it's behind the back line. And that includes the forward rows. Row 3 is a nice row though - hard to find.

One day I will find the words to explain things as well as you do :D

But if you carried the team's designation through, they'd say 433 were goal line seats.

326.jpg

Here's a section 431 residents POV and perspective. This season we have moved 10 seats closer to the goal line,(and down to row 2:D.) So I've been making some goofy calculations myself, trying to figure out our view from our new seats.

When we sat in 431 seats 13 & 14, our seats were dead-even with the goal line. I mean literally even with the goal line. If I had a laser pointer in my hand and pointed it straight down at the field, the little red dot would be on the goal line. (I'm such a geek)

Given that, here's my scientific ;) calculation.

If each seat is 30" wide that means that we've moved ~ 300" closer to the 50yd line. That works out to 8.33yds. So, when we plunk our asses down in our new seats, we should be looking straight down at the 8-9 yd line. (I'll know for sure when we sit there, as we haven't sat in them yet)

Given that section 430 is closer to the 50, and the aisle is at least 6' wide, I would venture to say that seat 29 in section 430 is aligned with the 10-12 yd line.

433 is 2 sections over from us, and closer to the end-zone. I would consider them more end-zone, than sideline seats, though I guess a case could be made either way. It probably depends which seat that your in.

In any case, row 3 seats should be excellent and the view from anywhere up top is good. The view from any row below 15 in the uppers is damn good,(IMHO)

I might be a bigger geek. :silly:

My advantage is, I actually have four mechanical drawings of the stadium - one for the LL, one for the club, one for the suites, and one for the UL. These were sent to me in 1996. It even shows each individual row within each section. So it leaves no need for guessing or calculating. :)

Unfortunately these are not online anywhere. Someday I'll get these scanned. Once I tried to photograph them but there was too much glare to post.

Let's say you wanted to sit aligned with the sidelines and you also wanted to sit in row 29 and you wanted to sit on the visiting side of the field. You actually only have six sections to choose from: 425-430. These would run from about the two yard line to the two yard line.

However, if you wanted to sit in row 1, you'd also have almost half of the adjacent sections to choose from: 424 and 431. Because the sections bend in.

I think JKC's method of naming the sections was justified this way:

427 and 428 are 50 yard line sections because the aisle, if extended, would touch the 50 yard line.

426 and 429 are 40 yard line sections because the closest aisle to midfield, if extended, would touch the 40 yard line.

425 and 420 are 30 yard line sections because the closest aisle to midfield, if extended, would touch the 30 yard line.

And so on...

I think this method was used to make club seats more attractive. For example, the literature in 1996 specific states Zone B (e.g. sections 304 & 305) as "All seats between the 10 yard lines and 20 yard lines" and we know that technically this is not true.

Done.

How's that for geeky? :)

I might be a bigger geek. :silly:

How's that for geeky? :)

I must admit, that is quite geeky. I guess it takes one to know one.

I'd love to get my hands on a copy of those drawings one day

I'd be willing to trade some of Fran's deviled eggs.

Now that we'll be lining up on Redskins Rd, it would be an easy exchange.

:secret: she was planning on bringing you some anyway, but I figured that I'd take advantage of the situation ;)

Guys,

Thanks for the correction. I am not attempting to mislead anyone. I called the seats sideline seats because the redskins considers them to be sideline seats for pricing purposes. When sitting in the seats I always felt like I lined up pretty close to the front end zone, but I guess I am the one that is off.

In any case, buyers: feel free to check out the pics listed above and the seating chart on the skins web site. I still contend that these are good seats (as far as upper levels go) and offer good views of the game.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or interests.

Hail

Thanks - but you were right in mentioning something. The seats are not "sideline" seats and they don't "line up" with the goal line as the seller claims.

MTH,

To be fair, I used language fairly similar to the description you provided when commenting on these seats (when I was attempting to sell them as a season package). I figured I would be safe in my thinking - sorry for any confusion.

Hail

MTH,

To be fair, I used language fairly similar to the description you provided when commenting on these seats (when I was attempting to sell them as a season package)....

Hail

That's true. The team prices them that way, but the team doesn't describe them that way, nor does anybody else. The team describes them as "corner" seats. It's a word used industry-wide. Describing them as sidelines seats is wrong.

Thanks.

Guys,

Thanks for the correction. I am not attempting to mislead anyone. I still contend that these are good seats (as far as upper levels go) and offer good views of the game.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or interests.

Hail

It's all good.

I don't think anyone believes that you are attempting to mislead anyone.

With few exceptions, most members are in the know when it comes to anything ticket-related, hence the reason for the posts questioning the location. If you want proof, wait until someone pops in to sell tickets with jacked up prices and watch how everyone piles on.

It's actually one of the bennies to buying, (and selling), tickets here, we all look out for each other.

You contention is true. They are good seats and the price that you are asking is fair.

Archived