Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cormac McCarthy's "The Road" movie trailer!!!!!

Pskins

I'm pretty disappointed in the trailer.

Spoilers:

- It comes across as some sort of The Day After Tomorrow event when we never know what caused the disaster in the book. There are a few clues that point towards a possible meteor impact and others that point towards a nuclear war but nothing is ever confirmed.

- That better be 95% of Charlize Theron's screen time. The wife only has a few lines in the entire book.

- Where is the ash? When I read the book I pictured a world suffocating in ash and darkness.

"The ashes of the late world carried on the bleak and temporal winds to and fro in the void."

"It took two days to cross that ashen scabland. The road beyond fell away on every side. It's snowing, the boy said. He looked at the sky. A single gray flake sifting down."

"Dark of the invisible moon. The nights now only slightly less black. By day the banished sun circles the earth like a grieving mother with a lamp."

- I wonder if they left some of the more horrifying parts in the film. It looks like they kept the cellar full of "food" but I wonder if the.....ermm........babyback ribs over an open flame was left in. While it would be very difficult to see I think it's a necessary scene to show just how desperate people have become.

I'll see the movie but based on the trailer it doesn't look very promising.

Archived