Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Rumor, Walker for Sprewell

jbooma

ESPN just reported:

"A league source told the June 30 New York Daily News that the Celtics and Knicks have had serious discussions centered around power forward Antoine Walker."

The trade would be Walker for Sprewell, their salaries are similar so this is one to one trade.

This would be great for the Celtics to have someone that can penetrate and won't always look for the 3.

Normally if a team was trading their allstar big man for a 2/3, I would say this is a terrible move because now they wont have an inside presense. This would be a great move though, because Antoine Walker is terrible. He's not a post threat by any means. He leads the league in getting his shot blocked every year. He's got the worst defense of just about anyone. He's lazy as hell. He shoots a terrible percentage. He's just a bad player.

I got no beef with Spree at all, id love to see him on the Hawks. He can handle the ball, pass, and has games where he just goes off shooting wise. Whats most important about him is the defense and intensity he brings. I have trouble disliking a player that plays good D, just as I have trouble liking a player that doesn't. I wonder if the knicks would do Spree for Big Dog.

if i were the hawks (i am a big fan) i would drop BigDog for Spree...

i know it won't happen, but i would love to see kobe come to ATL. he would be playing in the east, in a big, happening city... and he and vick would own the town... he could start a basketball revolution in ATL and maybe 'Nique could be the coach...!! just a little wishful thinking...

Archived