Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

betts watson

sjcdzzy

I don't doubt that Watson or Betts are every down backs, I just prefer the guy that beat out the other guy for the backup job last season. That would be Watson. He's beaten him out once and produced on the field. I think that he can do it again, that is if the team doesn't look at him through the "well, he was undrafted" stereotype that most people here do.

One thing for sure here, this year they'll be competing on an even playing field. Both have had time to get comfortable with the offense. If the results from the pre season and camp do make Watson the number two, then the Skins would be better off (financially) trying to find a home for him elsewhere and use Morton as the #3 back and put Sultan on the developmental roster. The way Snyder wheels and deals in free agency, you can't afford to have first day players riding the pine eating cap space.

Vehement Evilmonkeyboy??? :laugh: Why?

Since these are our opinions, not the players themselves, we get to say things we feel. Apparently you have a lot more feelings for Watson, since your response rings clear.

I will be too.

Bottom line "judgement" and using his skill to maximize his situations.

I don't have a tape of each and every game both Betts and Watson ran in, but when I saw Watson run in his "given" situation he didnt' make the most use of it.

Defenses were more aware of Betts, so he drew swarms, and some of the efforts of the opponents best defensive players. He responded by getting the most of bad situations, didn't go down as easy and to ME, used much better judgement in the crunch.

Want to see it again.

Keep you eyes on both in the preseason. When there are 7 or 8 in the box on a run, watch closely the response from each RB.

On pass protection against a speed or bull rusher, tell me what you see. don't just use generalizations about "what" you see either. On pass plays, tell me the route, the way it was handled and the pressure it put on the defense when the ball was caught. Tell me what the D did, when that player re-entered the game. Everything I just asked you didn't show a stat, but an "intangible".

7 or 8 in the box is the only "stat" I used.

Originally posted by glorydays

Vehement Evilmonkeyboy??? :laugh: Why?

Since these are our opinions, not the players themselves, we get to say things we feel. Apparently you have a lot more feelings for Watson, since your response rings clear.

I will be too.

Bottom line "judgement" and using his skill to maximize his situations.

I don't have a tape of each and every game both Betts and Watson ran in, but when I saw Watson run in his "given" situation he didnt' make the most use of it.

Defenses were more aware of Betts, so he drew swarms, and some of the efforts of the opponents best defensive players. He responded by getting the most of bad situations, didn't go down as easy and to ME, used much better judgement in the crunch.

Want to see it again.

Keep you eyes on both in the preseason. When there are 7 or 8 in the box on a run, watch closely the response from each RB.

On pass protection against a speed or bull rusher, tell me what you see. don't just use generalizations about "what" you see either. On pass plays, tell me the route, the way it was handled and the pressure it put on the defense when the ball was caught. Tell me what the D did, when that player re-entered the game. Everything I just asked you didn't show a stat, but an "intangible".

7 or 8 in the box is the only "stat" I used.

Yes Glorydays, they drafted a stud but chose to play an undrafted free agent over him. They saw all your intangibles and chose to ignore them. It was never their intention to win games.:rolleyes:

The fact is that Watson beat out Betts. Despite that the team chose to give Betts the opportunity to play since he was the heir apparent, per the high draft pick used for him. If Betts beats out Watson this season, kudos to him. Until then, Watson is ahead of him on my depth chart. If Canidate turns out the stud among the lot, AMEN! Morton? Oh Yeah!

They are all Redskins and I hope they all turn out so good Coach SS has sleepless nights trying to figure out who to play.

Archived