Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys should take Giant approach

royallypwned

:(

I've posted pics in the Tailgate before. ;)

No worries. I'm pretty sure it's not your fault. Being a Cowboys fan must do something to one's DNA. :D

Back to the article - you're right. The Cowboys have the keys to a fairly good running game, but do you really think the Jerry and the Fatman (and the OC) are going to ever really produce a power-run style of offense?

No worries. I'm pretty sure it's not your fault. Being a Cowboys fan must do something to one's DNA. :D

Back to the article - you're right. The Cowboys have the keys to a fairly good running game, but do you really think the Jerry and the Fatman (and the OC) are going to ever really produce a power-run style of offense?

Maybe when they realize the passing game isn't getting as much as it has the last few years, they will realize the impact the RB's can make. This can be a good power-run team if it has that mindset.

I think RP is sporting a Skins jersey in that pic.:laugh:

lol why do I insist on showing pics where I am wearing a red shirt. :doh:

In REALITY, that is a Texas Rangers shirt. That pic was taken at a Rangers game at Fenway Park last August. I was at the wild 19-17 game.

Maybe when they realize the passing game isn't getting as much as it has the last few years, they will realize the impact the RB's can make. This can be a good power-run team if it has that mindset.
In all honesty, I don't think that will ever be Jerry's mindset. He's always caught me as the guy who wants the high-flying style offense which he believes will get him high scoring games more often than not - and damn if he isn't going to stick a round peg into a square hole if he has to make it happen.

This brings me to two points:

A. Jerry Jones will not (ever again) turn over the reigns to anyone who isn't a "yes-man" type of coach. I honestly think he was hating life when Parcells had the wheel and he didn't have control. I think his coaches, including the OC know this.

B. "High Powered" offenses are hot sellers. Lots of sales make Jerry happy.

In all honesty, I don't think that will ever be Jerry's mindset. He's always caught me as the guy who wants the high-flying style offense which he believes will get him high scoring games more often than not - and damn if he isn't going to stick a round peg into a square hole if he has to make it happen.

This brings me to two points:

A. Jerry Jones will not (ever again) turn over the reigns to anyone who isn't a "yes-man" type of coach. I honestly think he was hating life when Parcells had the wheel and he didn't have control. I think his coaches, including the OC know this.

B. "High Powered" offenses are hot sellers. Lots of sales make Jerry happy.

I know one thing for sure, Bill Parcells would be giddy over this team. I know HE would run it all day long.

This may not be pertinent to your article, but letting TO, Adam jones, and Tank Johnson go was a start to taking the Giant approach, or even Bill Parcells approach.

Now, if only you could go back in time and alter the Roy Williams trade...

In regards to your article, I couldn't agree more that you're running back position is loaded, having maybe the best quality depth in the NFL. Though, that offensive line is quite beastly in itself, and has been unappreciated this off-season by the media.

This may not be pertinent to your article, but letting TO, Adam jones, and Tank Johnson go was a start to taking the Giant approach, or even Bill Parcells approach.
I don't know about that. The Giants did knowingly sign a wife-beater. And Bradshaw has spent parts of the last two offseasons behing bars.

Now, if only you could go back in time and alter the Roy Williams trade...

In regards to your article, I couldn't agree more that you're running back position is loaded, having maybe the best quality depth in the NFL. Though, that offensive line is quite beastly in itself, and has been unappreciated this off-season by the media.

I'm hoping Garrett will take off his QB glasses and understand that the team needs to run the ball more, but who knows. It's easy to see that we can have a very effective run game if all three guys are healthy. Which brings me to another point: I hope the injury bug goes easy on us this year.

I agree with a lot of what you said about your team. Unfortunately, I see it taking till the midway point of the season before Phillips realizes that the passing game just isn't gonna cut it, and isn't gonna be anywhere near as prolific. At that point, when your line, the oldest in the league (I know, throwing stones from a glass house here) is already pretty warn down, and Romo sits to pee has already been doing his best to make it look better by dancing out of the way of sacks that maybe should have happened, he will realize who the ball should be given to, and where the team's strength lies. Will it be too late? Who knows. But that's my prediction.

.... and Romo sits to pee has already been doing his best to make it look better by dancing out of the way of sacks that maybe should have happened....

I predict Romo sits to pee takes some big, highlight reel hits this year.:point2sky

its a skins jersey haha

I predict Romo sits to pee takes some big, highlight reel hits this year.:point2sky

its a skins jersey haha

I agree. Without TO to bail him out, and with the NFCe D's only getting better, I see him getting absolutely ROCKED a few times this season. He holds that ball just a liiiittle too long, relying on his pocket awareness too much. With that O-line getting a year older, I see that not quite paying off the way it used to.

Let's hope Orakpo lights him up a few times :evilg:

I don't know about that. The Giants did knowingly sign a wife-beater. And Bradshaw has spent parts of the last two offseasons behing bars.

I have no retort for that, especially if you add Rocky Bernard, Plaxico Burress and a few others who have been on the police blotter...

I have no retort for that, especially if you add Rocky Bernard, Plaxico Burress and a few others who have been on the police blotter...
So the Giants are becoming the Cowboys and the Cowboys are becoming the Giants? Weird, man, weird.

Thanks again everyone for reading my stuff. Y'all helped me go over 1,000 hits just for yesterday, by FAR my largest traffic day since I started this. And because of it, I actually managed to be the #3 most viewed Examiner in Dallas, out of god knows how many.

:notworthy :cheers:

I have heard about your online voting skills.;)

Why aren't you number one.

Good article. I assume you will do something about the new stadium?

:rotflmao: :paranoid:

I might do something on the stadium, but there is already plenty of that. If I do, it will be after I take the tour of the stadium, which will probably be pretty soon, within a week or two.

I think it might be interesting to get a "real" fans opinion on the new palace.

I hope this place is not the template for new stadiums.

You might have to go to a game to get a feel for the crowd.:munchout:

yeah I hope to go to the home opener against NY, but I obviously won't get to see the locker rooms and such. (unless I can get press credentials)

But for $15, I can view pretty much everything the stadium has to offer. And I can't wait to do that!!

Take the Giant approach?

How about getting your star QB out of Mexico the weekend before a playoff game. There is a certain way to need to carry yourself to be successful in this league. Tony Romo sits to pee hasn't found out how yet. I'd say ask Troy, but I get the feeling #8 has his own opinions about the guy.

Archived