Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo! Sports: Best/Worst Offseaon

MattFancy

Well, he wasn't one of the top corners in the league in Atlanta. He was probably the flashiest, and he had some pretty good games, but he was also known for getting abused in more than a few games as well. He was awful in Oakland because he quit on the team, sure, but let's not paint it like he was a great corner for the Falcons before that.

Well maybe he wasn't all that good in Atlanta but he fooled a lot of people. He made the pro bowl TWICE. At least he didn't fool you.

Well maybe he wasn't all that good in Atlanta but he fooled a lot of people. He made the pro bowl TWICE. At least he didn't fool you.
London Fletcher's never been to the Pro Bowl.

Roy Williams, the safety, has been 5 times.

So what's your point exactly?

This idiot is stereotyping. Since most Texas U players are lazy he is just assuming that Orakpo is one of them. It is poor journalism and he should be ashamed that he even said that because all I hear from coaches and players from the interviews is how hard Orakpo works. Plus ESPN did an interview on him about how hard he works when he was at Texas. Idiot :doh:

+1..I should have gotten into the print media...it seems it doesn't take much...

Well, he wasn't one of the top corners in the league in Atlanta. He was probably the flashiest, and he had some pretty good games, but he was also known for getting abused in more than a few games as well. He was awful in Oakland because he quit on the team, sure, but let's not paint it like he was a great corner for the Falcons before that.

Hopefully, at only 25 years old, he can become a more consistent player.

Going to the Pro Bowl 3 of his first 5 years is a pretty good indication that he was excellent in Atlanta. He clashed with Petrino (who didn't?) and then became a problem. I refuse to judge anyone by what happens to them in Oakland.

Was thinking the same thing.

So we had a bad offseason because addressed needs but paid alot of money for them? Since when has money really been an issue for this team?

And the whole QB thing needs to stop. Campbell hasn't cried about anything and seems to be using it all as motivation.

National media coverage at this point is so formulaic. Add one part Jason Campbell trade turmoil, add one part Albert Haynesworth contract, add one part 2nd round draft picks need to step up, mix with unemployed coaches rumor for 2010 and stir. Usual result is 4th place in the division with an 8-8 finish.

God I can't wait until the season starts.

This idiot is stereotyping. Since most Texas U players are lazy he is just assuming that Orakpo is one of them. It is poor journalism and he should be ashamed that he even said that because all I hear from coaches and players from the interviews is how hard Orakpo works. Plus ESPN did an interview on him about how hard he works when he was at Texas. Idiot :doh:

cant agree more. especially with sentence structure like this.

But … Derrick Dockery(notes) helps inject some relative youth on the offensive line and could return to previous levels of performance now that he is back under the tutelage of Joe Bugel. If you overlook the high percentage that is guaranteed, Washington was able to secure the services of the most dominant interior defense force in the league for a reasonable $12 million a year for the next four seasons should Haynesworth play at the level of 2007-08.

sorry, but all my journalism professors would have thrown you out the window for crap like this. you dont change the person you are talking about then mention him at the end of the sentence. go from talking about dock and buges to talking about 12mil guaranteed per year and not mention haynesworth until two lines later?

Archived