Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden Question

RTerps2002

When you set you defense between Run and pass do you set it toward the one you wanna stop most or give up the most.. I set mine to 75 percent to the pass and I am still last in the nfl in passing yards.. I get the most INT's but cant stop the pass consistantly

Originally posted by RTerps2002

When you set you defense between Run and pass do you set it toward the one you wanna stop most or give up the most.. I set mine to 75 percent to the pass and I am still last in the nfl in passing yards.. I get the most INT's but cant stop the pass consistantly

I believe it sets it to what you want the computer to run when you sim the game (ie if you gear your team to stop the run you'd move it towards the "run stop" part of the scale). I usually go to run stop 55% or so.

Even if I kick a computer's butt, I still give up a lot of passing yards.

If you get ahead of the CPU by more that 2 TD's, they stop running pretty much except within the 20's.

So, I set myself up to stop the pass more and just really try to score early and often, then by the 2nd half, I can run the ball a ton.

Tank is right...

the sliders are for simulation. The AI can be set to "coach" the team the way you want it to be coached if you decide not to play all of the games. I play them all so it doesn't factor in.

I also agree that if you get a lead, the AI stops trying to run and just drops back to pass every time. That kind of slants the stats.

the AI'S in coach managemanet ARE not for simulated games.set your defence to aggressive(which i do) & you will notice a difference with them attacking the ball(sacks,going for int's etc)but you'll give up the big play more often if things go wrong(wrong play call/miss the int.).my friend uses the gmen & turns his offence/defenced down to conservative & the difference is amazing.he doesn't give up the big play but he gets eaten alive with 5-10yd gains against him but the play stays in front of them.also really try to keep the game low scoring & close in the 1st 1/2.then open it up-it really messes with the computers head

Play Cover 2 against the good passing teams. Bowen and Ohalete get plenty of int's. Matter of fact the entire D does. Here's my Offensive tip. Use motion with crossing routes. Both deep and shallow crosses. Snap the ball when the receiver is still behind the O Line. I haven't found a computer or human D that can stop this yet. They can only hope to contain it. If you call 35 pts containing.

Here's my Offensive tip. Use motion with crossing routes. Both deep and shallow crosses. Snap the ball when the receiver is still behind the O Line. I haven't found a computer or human D that can stop this yet. They can only hope to contain it. If you call 35 pts containing.

================================

that's because you found a glitch in the game.go online and you'll be relegated to "cheezer" in a hurry.everybody knows about this problem with the gm.& believe me it can be stopped

Skinsanity, I thought a cheeser would replace a TE with a WR or move around all 11 players before the snap. Running motion is part of the game. It is not a glitch because the A1 will not allow you to do it over and over. If that was all I had I would be in trouble. Everytime human or computer takes away one thing it opens up another. That is the beauty of being a fan, player, and coach for 30 years. You learn to scan the field. You blitz- screens and slants, You play soft- run counters and dives, switch D's at the last minute- hot routes. I only have Dial up modem and do not forsee DSL anytime soon, or it would be on!!

it is a glitch bro.everybody knows to put a rec. in motion & hut the ball with him still behind the oline & he will come out uncovered on crossing or post routes long or short.u can also put him in motion & bring him back across the line to his orig. position & lose the CB covering him in the process..if your rec. has the inside edge on short or long crossing/post routes in madden03 he is pretty much guaranteed the catch & this is considered "cheezing" in the madden online world as is the other stuff you've mentioned.another big cheez online is sending everyone deep & bootlegging your qb.it doesn't take alot of skill.this will all be corrected in madden04 when they will have "fairplay mode" to eliminate the cheeze.your rec. will go offside or get injured etc. if u try these things.as for stopping this glitch zone D & knowing how to pass rush works real well.i only have dial up myself & play in the allpro or all madden room, serious disadvantage with the speed as u know.my record is 32-12 pf26 pa17 5min gms..last nights opponent was 20-8 with SF.beat him 56-13 in allpro str8 gm..

check out maddenmania or a new one maddenwishlist which is working with/but not affiliated with easports to improve the game.

Skinsanity, I'll give you the motion behind the line arguement, but going all the way across the formation is perfectly legal. What other things did I mention that was cheese. I've played teenagers that get Vick, Mcnabb,or Mcnair and try that bootleg crap. The proper blitz package and delayed blitz package solves that problem. I have many patterns that involve motion(not behind the line). They're called rub or pick routes. I read safeties.

I like the zone strategy, but slot motion(from being a coach), helps to determine man or zone. Zone exposes safeties on the deep routes(except Philly). Man exposes the linebacker covering a slot, TE, or RB. Playing nickel or dimes exposes running lanes. I'm not one of those that plays shotgun and passes all game, that gets boring. I'll dink and dunk if I'm forced to. I love that strategy. Spurrier playbook all the way!!

with the motion i meant where you motion the rec. until you lose the coverage in the gm.likewise with the zone or man D in real life,but when playing madden zone works real well for defending crossing/post routes :thumbsup: bro.maybe we'll teach each other something online sometime.until then

Archived