Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 5 Redskins That Shouldn't Be Speaking to the Media

Dead Money

For all the players: When the Redskin players want to call each other out, whether it's CP, Campbell or any of the team kleaders, it should be in-house/in the locker room/in the family. You don't need a media guy to tell a receiver he ran the wrong route or dropped the ball. The same thing between players and coaches and coaches and player. Keep your mouth shut and keep it in the family.

For everything else, I don't care who talks to the media.

Pretty much how I feel. Airing your grievances about your team to the media doesn't really do much to help..

Wow, guess I'm in the minority, but I love Portis as the face of the team, talking to the media. Sure he puts his foot in his mouth from time to time, but 9 times out of 10 he backs it up, and at least he's being honest. He called out the OLine last year, then the OL came out the following week with a huge game. It works.

I also love Smoot's sound bites...there isn't a better interview in all of sports except maybe Ochocinco or Portis. He is fantastic! I'm really sorry Smooty has toned it down a bit, although I'm sure he recognizes his skill level has dropped a bit.

I agree with you about Malcomb, Thomas and Davis. The order is this: 1) do something, 2) then talk.

For all the players: When the Redskin players want to call each other out, whether it's CP, Campbell or any of the team kleaders, it should be in-house/in the locker room/in the family. You don't need a media guy to tell a receiver he ran the wrong route or dropped the ball. The same thing between players and coaches and coaches and player. Keep your mouth shut and keep it in the family.

For everything else, I don't care who talks to the media.

I disagree a bit. Some guys need to be called out publicly...some guys need it to be kept private. Its a player-to-player thing, and I think most team leaders know how to handle everyone differently.

Archived