Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Neil Young - Archives Volume 1

TGI Jef

anyone else getting this today?

i cannot believe it is finally out.

im picking up the blu ray version at lunch.

a little pricey, but it is going to be worth it. it is going to be life affirming.

Not today Jef.I still got a lot of **** to do.

Maybe next week.But,ya give me some N Young!:)

I'll give you one!

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=neil%20young&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wv#

100 times better than those stupid Beatles dudes.

Ok one more.:D

Recorded in '93. Rockin' in the free world.

As I sometimes like the kids to think.:D

I don't think they can do it any more bc they have google and yahoo etc.and they can do **** like bc,WTF,and btw.

Some one sang this.

Well, I heard Mister ***** sing about her

Well, I heard ole ****l put her down.

Well, I hope **** ***** will remember

a southern man don't need him around anyhow.

and then what?

Southern man

better keep your head

Don't forget

what your good book said

Southern change

gonna come at last

Now your crosses

are burning fast

Southern man

In an interview Duanne Allman said that Neil Young shouldn't be allowed to play guitar because he was so bad at it. lol While a number of his songs have grown on me over the years, and I own 4 or 5 NY lps and cds, It amazes me how someone with such limited singing and guitar playing talent, had such a great career. Especially in the midst of a golden age of, what is now, classic rock.

In an interview Duanne Allman said that Neil Young shouldn't be allowed to play guitar because he was so bad at it. lol While a number of his songs have grown on me over the years, and I own 4 or 5 NY lps and cds, It amazes me how someone with such limited singing and guitar playing talent, had such a great career. Especially in the midst of a golden age of, what is now, classic rock.

Really?Dean.

I have been to a 3 Allman Brothers concerts.I thought they kissed and made up before he died.

I wouldn't say limited.

I mean he's no Eric or Duane.I think he's pretty dang good!

I don't like to admit that I like Neil Young anymore than I admit I like Eddie Money lol. The is a raw element in his style that's appealing and I can listen to the 2 disc anthology set straight through but technically NY is challenged lol. His guitar riffs (if you want to call them that) sound like someones killing a cat. :silly:

i like neil youngs guitar playing.

yeah it is not as techincally proficient as others, but it fits in his sound, and as an architect of an overall sound nad feel of an album, he is matched only by his peers like Dylan, etc.

also, probably the 2nd greatest living songwriter after dylan.

probably the 2nd greatest living songwriter after dylan.
???????

Hey I love hyperbole as much as the next guy but........

Paul McCartney

Pete Townshend

Bruce Springsteen

Lieber and Stroller

Chuck Berry

Brian Wilson

Stevie Wonder

Jagger & Richards

Smokey Wilson

Joni Mitchell

Paul Simon

Ray Davies

Van Morrison

David Bowie

Gamble & Huff

Hayes & Porter

Plant & Page

i think neil young absolutely outclasses any of those, except for maybe springsteen and mccartney, and i still think he is better than them.

other than bob dylan, id say neil young has had the biggest impact on folk and rock music.

there is his oft-cited impact on other musicians, his endless list of collaborators.

Lou Reed, the Sex Pistols, etc. have credited him with making one of the first real punk records in Time Fades Away.

his streak of records from 1969-1979 is likely the greatest streak of any artist in history.

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

After The Gold Rush

Harvest

Time Fades Away

On The Beach

Tonight's The Night

Zuma

American Stars N Bars

Comes A Time

Rust Never Sleeps

just an absolute Murderer's Row of records, one after another.

did the Stones and Bob Dylan have their streaks as well? of course. but they didnt last a full decade.

Stones, for example (and i might get these out of order)

i believe 1968 was Beggars Bangquet

then Let It Bleed

Sticky Fingers

Exile On Main Street

incredible streak of albums, but not a decade.

the Who had their great records between 67 and 71 (i would consider Quadrophenia a really really good album, but not in the alltime classic argument really IMO)

i think the only artist whose entire catalogue surpasses Neil Young is Bob Dylan

i have been a Springsteen and Bowie nut since i was 16, but i dont thinkt hey even come close to Young. some of their records (the wild and the innocent..., darkness on the edge of town, nebraska, hunky dory, low, etc.) are as good as a lot of Neil's, but they just dont have as many.

Neil also has done a better job than anyone except Dylan at adding QUALITY to his catalogue at an advanced age. Freedom and Ragged Glory are among his greatest pure rock albums. Harvest Moon is worthy of its nod to its predecessor. Even Prairie Wind is ****ing awesome.

Archived