Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do the Redskins have the best O line in the NFC east?

Blazer is right. The skins have looked good on paper in June for years. Prove it on the field. The skins arent the best at anything yet. They should be approaching this season like every other team that sucked last year (yes 7-9 sucks). They should have a chip on their shoulders and should be out to prove the world wrong.

Originally posted by Bush League Bufford

Before you know it, we'll be told by the franchise "But we've had the best record over the past 3 years.....oh yeah....we need your season ticket payments in full tomorrow".

They already do that Bufford :)

One thing about looking the 'best on paper'... no one would say that the Skins O-line looked the best on paper or anywhere else the past few years. This is the first time that our overall talent at the guard spot can even come close to something superior to the word "servicable"... There is MUCH more depth than we've ever had.

Of course, no one can argue that they must prove it. But nor can anyone say that there isn't excellent reasons to be excited about the O-line either :cool:

well the Eagles are the only team that could come close to our talent on the OL, but I think we are better. i don't count on Dockery now either, but he could be a nice surprise and we could move Fiore to C... nasty.

and we don't need help at the TE. the position is not utilized much in this offense, so we can keep ZFlem and Royal (whom we don't know how good he can be in the pro's...) and spend our money where it is more sorely needed. that is how we approached it this off-season and I don't think the FO has any intentions of changing that...

on robert royal:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/2002draft/tes/robertroyal.htm

http://redskins.theinsiders.com/2/45401.html (one of the first two links ripped the other off...)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/tracker/player?id=4295

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Cohesivness and playing together is the key. If nobody is injured and this oline returns as is next year I will say "we have the best oline in the division"

The o-line will probably have some growing pains this year until they get used to each other. We could probably claim best o-line in the division at the end of the season but we need to wait until they are used to playing together before we call them the best in the east.

Originally posted by Blazers21

On paper, yes. Prove it on the field in September.

Do not underestimate the need for o-line cohesiveness. That only comes with time. Also, the Skins need an upgrade at tight end.

Tight end plays a minimal role in this offense.

Originally posted by Blade

They already do that Bufford :)

One thing about looking the 'best on paper'... no one would say that the Skins O-line looked the best on paper or anywhere else the past few years. This is the first time that our overall talent at the guard spot can even come close to something superior to the word "servicable"... There is MUCH more depth than we've ever had.

Of course, no one can argue that they must prove it. But nor can anyone say that there isn't excellent reasons to be excited about the O-line either :cool:

For blazers who wants to talk about cohisiveness, The key here is they will be together for the next 3 years. Can any other team in our division say they have the talent or the contracts locked up on that talent for the next 3 years? No, I didn't think so.

I just see the writing on the wall and I am very happy to be reading it. It's about freakin time.

Guest Trevor

I think perhaps next year or even by the end of this season we'll be able to say we have the best line in the NFC east. This year however it will take time for the line to come together, particularly early.

Archived