Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants Fan In Shambles. WARNING, EXPLICIT LANGUAGE.....

I actually admire the guy's love for his team. I wonder how passionate some Redskin fans are at times. (especially the fake "fans" at Fed-Ex Field who are more concerned about lunch during halftime rather than staying in their seats to watch the Skins hold off a last minute drive from the other team. The guy at the end is the REAL jerk.....it's much more than "just a game" when millions and millions of dollars are at stake. Losing to a guy at the park playing tennis/basketball/checkersl is "just a game," but the NFL playoffs is so much more.

It is just a game for us fans because we don't get any of the millions of dollars that float around the league. We spend the money, so its an expensive game for us.

We shouldn't be money spending robots to be manipulated for any franchise or athletic department in the country, no matter how much of a tradition of loyalty we cultivate.

Oh hell yeah, I cried like a baby when Sean died. And that wasnt until a couple weeks after the fact. I was watching a highlight reel and it finally set it that he was gone. But that's completely different from a game. But I cant lie, Ive never seen the Skins lose a Superbowl. Awww man, I cant even imagine how i would handle that. If a game was to ever make me cry like a baby, it would be that one. But I will never see that happen, so it's nothing to talk about :helmet:

I too was up the night Sean died writing a paper. Sean died, and I got a D on it because I couldn focus on writing the rest of it after i learned what happened. Ill never forget that.

Yeah, the same thing happened to me. I remember looking up at the computer screen of the guy in the row in front of me and saw him looking at ESPN.com at about 8:00. Clear as day I remember seeing in big letters on the front page: "Taylor Dies". I was shocked because the reports all night had been optimistic and I thought he was going to make it. It was an awful feeling and I stopped doing my paper. I took a late grade on it and handed it in a couple days later and got a crappy grade but there was simply no way I could focus to finish writing the paper.

I also remember being infuriated at the initial coverage the story received because by juxtaposition with the story of his suspensions and legal troubles, ESPN and AP news services offered the de facto editorial that he deserved it, or brought it upon himself. ESPN's ombudsman gave a load of crap in explanation for it, but there was no excuse.

That was racist, callous, monstrous, unforgivable... so many things to this day I can't think of it without getting angry. I will never take sports reporters as seriously as I once did because of that.

When I found out, I was performing jury duty, we were on our lunch break so I was watching cnn on the flatscreen in the break room, and I saw on the bottom line that he had been shot. When I saw that he was in critical condition, I knew that it was very serious. When we went back into the courtroom, I swear for the first 10 minutes I didnt hear anything. I didnt hear the people on the stand making testimonies, I didnt hear the judge, nothing. I was GONE.....Poor dude, he was found guilty.

Oh hell yeah, I cried like a baby when Sean died. And that wasnt until a couple weeks after the fact. I was watching a highlight reel and it finally set it that he was gone. But that's completely different from a game. But I cant lie, Ive never seen the Skins lose a Superbowl. Awww man, I cant even imagine how i would handle that. If a game was to ever make me cry like a baby, it would be that one. But I will never see that happen, so it's nothing to talk about :helmet:

I still get wistful and sad today thinking about him. I didn't cry because that's not how I typically express myself but I definitely grieved. The team has changed a lot already in the year and a half he's been gone. It almost feels like that was a different era. But I'll probably go on forever wondering what could have been with him.

One thing that helps me is I think about him as being too large and too special for this life. He's like Jimi Hendrix like that.

Archived