Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Insider: Chat with Mel Kiper (Redskins/Sanchez Tidbits) 4-17-09

bubba9497

I'm starting to get a really bad feeling about this draft.

It's starting to look like we may not be able to trade out of 13, the OTs will be gone, and so will the major DE prospects which leaves us a LBer with 13. I like the Lbers but I think that's a bit of a reach at 13. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy if we got Maualuga and got to see his intensity along with the rest of our Defense next year, but without the extra picks from trading down I'm worried about the Offense and the DE position.

If we do get a LBer at 13 I hope we do something to get a another pick or two before the 4th (as much as I hate giving up any picks from next year.

I have a question. Should the Redskins trade up

I Have a question. If the Redskins do trade up in the draft to get a QB, OT, or DE, and give away some of our 2010 draft picks, can we build this team through free agency in the no cap year of 2010? I'm not sure that I understand what is ment by no cap...

I have a question. Should the Redskins trade up

I Have a question. If the Redskins do trade up in the draft to get a QB, OT, or DE, and give away some of our 2010 draft picks, can we build this team through free agency in the no cap year of 2010? I'm not sure that I understand what is ment by no cap...

I don't think we should trade up, I think we should trade back and get more picks, but it's looking like that might not be an option now. (However after watching some video on Everette Brown DE/LB from Florida State I'm starting to feel better, this guy has the full spectrum of pass rush moves, seriously. I've never seen a college DE move like this, and at this speed):

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=everette+brown&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#

The "no cap year" is a season with no salary restrictions on teams. In other words teams can spend as much (or as little) as they want.

Archived