Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

i need someone to school me about fantasy baseball

squatch66

i am in two leagues and i know nothing about fantasy baseball. i watch baseball but have never played fantasy. one is a rotisserie and the other is a head to head league. in one i am lucky and am in second place but the other i am in last. what in the eff do i do?

i have played fantasy football before. i am just looking for the intricacies of fantasy baseball. what is the best strategy for success? how does the lineup work? do i change them daily or weekly? how does pitching work? do i need to change them out everyday?

A lot of that depends on the specific league you are in. Different rules for different league.

My general strategy though has been to find the dumbest people in the league and fleece them out of their quietly-good players. I also keep a watch on injuries so Ican snag their replacements if they're worth it. And then I like to keep tabs on the hot prospects that will be coming up soon and then jumping on them as they hit the bigs. Tim Lincecum won me the ES2 Fantasy Baseball League two years ago.

i have played fantasy football before. i am just looking for the intricacies of fantasy baseball. what is the best strategy for success? how does the lineup work? do i change them daily or weekly? how does pitching work? do i need to change them out everyday?

So here's the deal, get a majority of players that can put up decent numbers in all categories. You round out you lineup with category studs, such as Adam Dunn (HR,RBI). Don't go after wins when it comes to pitchers go after K's. The reason I say this is simple, you can make up for K's and W's at the tail end of the draft for pitchers but ERA and WHIP will kill you on the tail end if you chase a low K, high potential W pitcher.

Usually in rotisserie (sp?) leagues you can change your line-up all the way up to 1 hour or less before the first game of the day starts. You rotate your pitchers daily. I never keep back-ups for hitters, my bench is reserved for back end starting pitching (highest K guys in the late rounds). Any injury I occur, as long as it is not to a stud, I'll drop that person and pick up a replacement. If it's a stud I'll drop a low end starter on my bench, like Sonnanstine.

Head to Head leagues suck. 99% of the time your lineup locks before the first game of the period (week) and you cannot make any changes until that period ends.

Archived