Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best DB ever?

brandies

I just re-watched the tape of his last game last night. You know know you've got nothing but a true class act when Darrel Green asks the the crowd not to applaud him, but to let HIM applaud them for being there for 20 years. Damn, it still brought tears to my eyes. Simply put Darrel Green will be missed, & my vote goes to Darrel Green.

I agree with Ax, you gotta separate the Corner from the Safety position.......Corner: Darrell Green Safety: Ken Houston.....

PS: I'd lay "even money" that to this very day there are opposing

players that can describe VIVIDLY

being hit by KEN HOUSTON, PERIOD. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Good post Montiliar. I concur with your assessment. The same issue would come up when voting for the the best CB of all time. We've all seen Green (although not all in his prime) and Deion, but how many folks remember Dick (Night Train) Lane from Detroit? He (imho) was the greatest to play in the NFL.

We all love what Darrell has been to the Redskins. I just want to remind some the younger fans of Ken Houston a selection to the NFL's all 75 year team at safety. We got kenny in what at that time turned out to be the most one-sided trade in Skins history.

Only the Jim Lachey For Jay "Overthrow Cuba" Schroder and Ditka's Job for Ricky Williams have ever been close. Ken Houston's last second tackle of the cowboy fullback on a moday night is still one my most found memories. Someone remind me of that cowboy's name I know he was a offseason rodeo guy and semi famous for it.

Archived