Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Movie - Home of the Brave

ljs

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0763840/#comment

I caught the last half of this on Showtime last night and after a few minutes, realized it was shot in SPokane, WA, where I live now. The coffee stand, (if you see it, you'll know what I mean), is literally one block from my companies downtown office. Some really cool shots of the city, including an old victorian house that is now apts, a friend of mine lived in (scene where Sam L Jackson invites 3 Mexican yard workers to his house for Thanksgiving). They even use the local police cars/uniforms. Not sure if those are local cops as extra's though.

It's a bit cliche, and maybe some exaggeration. But I did end up watching the first half later and liked it. Not an oscar winner, but worth checking out. Even if only to see the great northwest scenery (that isn't Seattle:silly:)

thats funny you posted this.

don't ask me why, but i watched this on showtime saturday morning.

i did see the coffee shop, and 50 got all jacked up trying to do some dumb **** there.

honestly though, the movie was not nearly as bad as i thought it would be considering it went straight to dvd (i think?)

I've gotten coffee from there before. It's a local drive through chain...not bad stuff.

The red brick building just behind it is my company. Nice shots of the Spokane River and the surrounding areas.

And I'm pretty sure the helicopter they used in that scene where 50 got shot, really is the Spokane's heli.

Archived