Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Long Sleeve Jersey - Sammy Baugh or any number/size $80

Khlav Kalash

This is a follow up to the thread that skipperpk started a while ago. He had made a custom set of Sammy Baugh jerseys. I got two - one for my brother, and one (actually a Cliff Battles jersey) for me. I am pretty happy with mine, and my brother likes his. I would love to be able to post pictures of mine, but I am functionally illiterate when it comes to posting pictures on here. Hopefully skipperpk will post some of his jersey. Anyway, I have been talking to a few other folks that are interested in getting one of these, so I was thinking of organizing another order from the same folks. Anyone out there interested? I already have six pretty firm orders, so we would only need four others to get to the minimum number. The last set cost $80 a piece and I am assuming that would be the same price for this order.

Khlav Kalash

Sure thing, I meant to take some pics this weekend of it, but completely forgot to while I was home. Ill be able to take a couple in the morning before I leave for work and put them in this thread. I love the jersey, it looks great! I also bought a replica dog-ear leather helmet to complete the package, I totally cant wait for next season!!!

But yeah, ill put some pictures up tomorrow for you.

Skipperpk,

Thanks for posting the pics; if you could get some nicer ones, that'd be great. For those of you who might be interested, it is possible to get the jersey without the name on the back. Personally, I think it looks better without the name. I am not sure when the Redskins started putting names on the back of the jersey, but based on looking at the pictures in the 'Redskins Encyclopedia', it looks to be sometime after 1967, and possibly not until it was required in 1970.

Just to re-iterate a few of Sammy Baugh's accomplishments in his 16 year career, all as a Washington Redskin:

He still holds the NFL record outright for:

Highest average gain in a game

Yards per punt for a season

Is unsurpassed in:

Times leading the League in Passing (6 times)

Times leading the League in Punting (4 times)

Interceptions in a game (4)

Is second all-time for:

Career yards/punt (a record he held for half a century).

Completion percentage for a season (a record he held for more than 35 years)

First player to win the 'triple crown': In 1943, he led the league in Passing, Punting, and Defensive Interceptions, one of only two players ever to lead the league in offense, defense, and special teams categories.

'33' remains the ONLY officially retired number for the Washington Redskins.

(Records from http://www.nfl.com/history/randf ).

Yup, you just have to sign a customs form. It also helps if you state the item is a GIFT on the form. This saves me paying a hefty customs charge :).

Got a couple of questions. I just want the numbers on the front and back. Is this possible? Also i have seen a few around in the past which have stitched jock tags at the front, left bottom of the jerseys. Do these comes stitched with them?

Other then that am ready to order!!!

Yes, it is possible to get the jersey without the name on the back. No, the jerseys do not have jock tags. I have what I think is a fake one of those Mitchell and Ness jerseys, and that picture pretty much confirms it as a fake. I am sure Jay Z's is real (I mean, he can't be hurting for money) and on his, the 'Sammy Baugh' patch is above the M&N patch; on mine it is below (but that could have happened when my Mom moved the tags when she shortened the jersey.)

C'mon folks, just three more to go. Check eBay, check Google - the only Baugh jerseys I've seen out there are signed and people are asking anywhere from $400 to over $1,000 for them. Here is a chance to get a good quality copy for about the same price as a screen-printed replica.

I got an email from the guy who I ordered from. They have no problem with putting names on some, and no names on others, sorry for the bad info!

He also said he has 2 people interested in a jersey from this batch, so if you already have 8 people interested, he can fill the other 2. Khlav, Ill email you his contact info so you can get in touch and place the order when youre ready.

With the orders from Englishman, LeftCoast Skinz FAN, praise gibbs, and the two waiting in the wings, we should have enough to get an order together (I'll double check with the folks who told me they wanted one). Skipperpk, could you please post that sizing chart from your earlier thread again so we can get everyone nailed down. Thanks for you help. I'll try to place the order early next week so if you want one, now is the time to order. HailinginSeattle, are you in?

Archived