Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Snyder Era

whlinder

I'm not really sure how anyone can argue that we don't use free agency as the primary method to build the team. We sure don't use draft picks primarily.

Well, I just did. You're correct, we don't use draft picks and we should. We do not throw money at expensive free agents as a general rule. Most of our FAs are mid-level and have helped the team immensely.

I completely agree that trading away picks is a risky biz and it's backfired for us (Lloyd, Duckett) more than it's helped. I'd still do Bailey and a 2nd for Portis and the Brunell move all depends on what we NEEDED to trade as opposed to what we did trade -- we overpaid.

the snyder era to me will always be what you get when you have a fan trying to run a football team... a franchise needs experienced football guys running it with the owner signing the checks and evaluating the bottomline, nothing else...

we have an owner who wants to win, who will spend anything to win, but apparently has determined he would not enjoy winning as much if it wasn't the result of decisions he had a say in... perfectly his right as the owner, but ultimately counterproductive to the team...

Wow. Setting the bar really low, I.E. we're not the worst, doesn't get us any closer to being a good team.

We're not the worst

We're not the worst

We're not the worst

C'mon, everybody join in. Chant with me

We're not the worst

We're not the worst

We're not the worst

:doh:

No. I am saying that everyone says the Redskins are one of the worse teams ever after finishing .500 with a first year coach.

You know, IMO I don't understand why every is all pissy. Sure Snyder makes bad decisions but we finished 8-8. Show me a stat that says our record makes us the worst in the lague. Wait, Detroit has had most of the worst records in the NFL. People just need to calm down and also, everyone says they are going to "boycott" Snyder and the Redskins EVERY year when the season ends yet show up to FedEx Field in April to attend the Draft Party. Everyone just relax, it's just football.

Just my :2cents:...

look...common sense informs us that snyder isn't the lone cause for the 16 year malaise that has befallen this team. that said.....he is the one constant over the last 10 years who has been better positioned than any to change the course......and that has not happened. he bears some of the responsibility. it is not far-fetched to imagine that part of the problem has been the people he has surrounded himself with, the atmosphere he has created vis the players & coaches, the impetuousness with coaches and free agents, the apparent cronyism that might cloud his judgment

as others have pointed out......setting detroit as the standard is...well....perhaps not placing the bar very high. the true comaprison is with the best - not the worst.

perhaps the guy just isn't fated to be a winner. whatever the touch or luck involved in it...he doesn't have it.

Archived