Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Confessions of a Madden 2003 freeloader

KevinthePRF

Due to circumstances within my control, I've been for the most part taken myself out of the video game loop for the past two years. I never bought either of the three new systems when they came out, primarily sticking to just buying a game here and there for my pc. And when I did, I never ran out and bought the newest game for $55 a pop but just got patient until the hype went away and the price went down. If I just had to get a glimpse at something, my best friend owns a PS2 and Xbox, I've had my outlet there, including my latest venture

I just purchased Madden '03 for my pc, though I've gotten used to playing at my friends house for the past year from time to time, I'm now stuck on stupid because I never had to go through the painful process of updating the rosters, updating the options, and changing that god awful music.

Now I'm stuck in Madden time warp, Madden question:

This pc of mine seems to be coach of the Redskins, and his own team, more than I want him to be. In franchise mode, sometime in the third quarter, my pc decides it's time for wholesale substitutions on both sides of the ball. It doesn't matter if the score is 35 to 7 or 10 to 7, Wilbert Brown and Delbertte Cowsette are going to pitch relief. How the hell do I turn this irritating option off? Auto subs off? No, Pushing the sub defense and offense sub option bars down to zero and zero? Nope, pc still benches Arrington for Antonio Pierce, what gives?

Sorry, as soon as this thread is over Marty, you can zap yourself with 1.21 jiggiwatts and return to your normal present time.

i don't know about the pc version, but there is an option to turn off auto subs completely on the GC version. i'm pretty sure it is very close to the option where you can change the sliders for the subs. i'll look when i get home if you don't get a better answer today.

Originally posted by dchogs

i don't know about the pc version, but there is an option to turn off auto subs completely on the GC version. i'm pretty sure it is very close to the option where you can change the sliders for the subs. i'll look when i get home if you don't get a better answer today.

Until 2002, I was playing on my computer.

You can turn off the autosubs.

Its a shame you can't pick and choose who you'd sub in certain situations...like "On 3rd down with Shootgun, but Champ in as a WR"

You can do that but it has to be full-time or not at all.

If its one of the preseason games, the computer automatically puts all the backups in the game in the second half. But during the regular season the only thing that should sub players is the auto sub thing where it should only take tired players out for a couple plays.

Archived