Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why even have replay?

Bubble Screen

Sorry if there's already a thread on this, but I need to get something off my chest. Why the **** do they even have replay when the refs go under the hood to look at a play and STILL screw it up? The play in question was the Romo sits to pee fumble in the game today with Pittsburgh. While it was hard to tell during the live play whether or not it was a fumble, it was clearly NOT a fumble when looking at the replays. He was DOWN. How can they look at the same replays the fans at home are seeing and screw that up? That bugs the hell out of me, even if it was the Cowgirls on the short end of the stick. GET IT THE CALL RIGHT!!!

Sorry if there's already a thread on this, but I need to get something off my chest. Why the **** do they even have replay when the refs go under the hood to look at a play and STILL screw it up? The play in question was the Romo sits to pee fumble in the game today with Pittsburgh. While it was hard to tell during the live play whether or not it was a fumble, it was clearly NOT a fumble when looking at the replays. He was DOWN. How can they look at the same replays the fans at home are seeing and screw that up? That bugs the hell out of me, even if it was the Cowgirls on the short end of the stick. GET IT THE CALL RIGHT!!!
Because it was a fumble. The ball was moving in Romo sits to pee's hands as he was falling.

What I want to hear the referee say is "there is not enough evidence to overturn the call" or "the replay was inconclusive so the call on the field stands". Instead, he comes out from under the hood and makes it sound like he's sure of what happened when we all know damn well he's not.

For all of the faults of the NFL replay system, I think it's a LOT worse in the NCAA.

What I want to hear the referee say is "there is not enough evidence to overturn the call" or "the replay was inconclusive so the call on the field stands". Instead, he comes out from under the hood and makes it sound like he's sure of what happened when we all know damn well he's not.

For all of the faults of the NFL replay system, I think it's a LOT worse in the NCAA.

id love to see them say that.

Archived