Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wisdom Tooth Surgery/Insurance

sleazye

Just got back from the ol' toothhammer and my wisdom teeth are acting like real *******s. Well, nothing to the point where they are a problem right now- but they will be in 10-20 years. I'm losing my health/dental in January due to a move down to Austin, so if I were to get the surgery I would either get it in the next week or so- or once I can get back on a nice dental plan. Worse case scenario my gf of 5 years is going to be a teacher so she could extend that coverage if we get married.

I know next to nothing about dental insurance and I just found out that my plan covers 80% of all surgery with a 50 dollar deductible. Should I go ahead and get this taken care of now? Or hold out for a sweeter plan down the line?

Just got back from the ol' toothhammer and my wisdom teeth are acting like real *******s. Well, nothing to the point where they are a problem right now- but they will be in 10-20 years. I'm losing my health/dental in January due to a move down to Austin, so if I were to get the surgery I would either get it in the next week or so- or once I can get back on a nice dental plan. Worse case scenario my gf of 5 years is going to be a teacher so she could extend that coverage if we get married.

I know next to nothing about dental insurance and I just found out that my plan covers 80% of all surgery with a 50 dollar deductible. Should I go ahead and get this taken care of now? Or hold out for a sweeter plan down the line?

I'm assuming the cost of the surgery for all 4 teeth would be about what mine was, around $1,500, and with the deductible that would be around $350 out of pocket. If that money isn't an issue for you, I say go ahead and take care of it now. Just make sure you have someone to take care of you for a day or so.

Archived