Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Conference Tiebreaker Question (Common opponent)

Rypien1191

In the crazy event that we win today and Tampa goes on to lose to Detroit (currently down 17-0), we would have the same record and conference record. It then goes to common opponent.

In figuring out commong opponent record, there must be a minimum of 4 games. Tampa would be 1-2 against Seattle, Detroit, and New Orleans, who we would have all beaten. But they also lost to Dallas.

My question is, do they incorporate teams which have only played one team once, but another team twice? That would make us 4-1, Tampa 1-3. If Dallas does not count, they would go to strength of victory, which I believe they have the advantage over us.

Any insight?

In the crazy event that we win today and Tampa goes on to lose to Detroit (currently down 17-0), we would have the same record and conference record. It then goes to common opponent.

In figuring out commong opponent record, there must be a minimum of 4 games. Tampa would be 1-2 against Seattle, Detroit, and New Orleans, who we would have all beaten. But they also lost to Dallas.

My question is, do they incorporate teams which have only played one team once, but another team twice? That would make us 4-1, Tampa 1-3. If Dallas does not count, they would go to strength of victory, which I believe they have the advantage over us.

Any insight?

I am 99 percent certain it takes into account all games ... our two with Dallas, the Bucs' two with New Orleans, etc., etc., etc.

I am 99 percent certain it takes into account all games ... our two with Dallas, the Bucs' two with New Orleans, etc., etc., etc.

That would be good news; because TB wouldn't be able to catch us with common opponent tiebreaker if we beat Seattle today (although it may be a moot point since Detroit is choking away its lead.)

Thanks.

Edit: Yup, went from 17-0 Detroit to 21-17 Tampa. Terrible. Detroit is pathetic.

That would be good news; because TB wouldn't be able to catch us with common opponent tiebreaker if we beat Seattle today (although it may be a moot point since Detroit is choking away its lead.)

Thanks.

Edit: Yup, went from 17-0 Detroit to 21-17 Tampa. Terrible. Detroit is pathetic.

Nice of the Bucs to spot them the 17 points ... Tennessee is down three TDs to the Jets which would spoil the "undefeated versus winless" Turkey Day match.

cheers

Archived