Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Way Forward

william1970

Hi to all in America.

Like any Skins fan I HATE IT, really HATE IT, when we lose to THEM.

Especially as it was another game we could have and should have won. Another posting on here asks 'DO WE LACK ANY GAMEBREAKERS'. It's a fair question. I don't think we lack talent. This is a talented team. This is my view on the Dallas game and the way forward this season:

Offence

Jason 'Get out of my way' Campbell had another excellent performance. The man is not getting enough credit for how well he is playing. Constantly pressured, but not making mistakes. And MAN can he throw the ball!

Sellers. Great to see the big man get a score. Especially for all his blocking work for Clinton 'MAN OF STEEL' Portis, my favourite player. Clinton played hard as usual. He always turns up. There were touches of brilliance from Betts, Cooley and Moss. Though Santana did drop that deep ball that could so easily have turned this game.

We really, REALLY REALLY could do with another receiver; in the mold of an Art Monk, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens; a BIG POWERFUL receiver that can catch the deep ball, or a difficult ball over the middle. Our receivers are all skill receivers. Love em to bits. But we need a physical receiver; opposing teams know this is Chris Cooley only in these situations. We need another threat.

The Offence needs to score when we are in the ascendancy. Several times in that first half, we could have put Dallas away. Let's be honest, the same has happened in other close games we lost. And let's be honest: Dallas ain't going nowhere. They are a team with issues. They were very beatable Sunday, but again, I feel our stuttering offence is letting the D down.

O Line.

I HATE criticizing the unsung heroes of the NFL. O Lines do all the bread and butter work. Without the O line, the QB can't work, neither can the running game. HOGS worldwide know that the O line has been our strength for many a year. Our O line needs to up the pace a bit. Jason is getting way too much pressure.

Defence.

This unit has played superb this season. I have to eat humble pie here and admit I was wrong --- DeAngelo Hall has proven to be a good buy (though I still say we need a power receiver; it should be top priority). McIntosh - Wow! WHAT a game he had! As did Fred Smoot, Chris Horton [another superior performance; this kid is awesome!], London Fletcher and Carlos Rogers.

The D has kept us in games all season, but too much is being asked of them. We need long, time consuming drives, culminating in TD's when we are up on a team and not FG's. This will also take the pressure of Suisham who is generally playing well as a kicker.

Special Teams.

I'M TELLING YA'! Like I have all season: Rock Cartwright is going to break one! I thought he was going to do it to THEM, but he got caught JUST! Keep at it Rock! You WILL Break one!

Our punter had a good game too.

Come on Skins --- UPWARDS AND ONWARDS. We now face Seattle. Another team I can't bear the sight of. I'd love us to beat them and a 2-8 team obviously have issues. Let's go into Seattle and make them PAY for beating us in playoff games of past.

Smash the crap out of them boys!!!

This Englishman will always love ya!!! HAIL SKINS!!!

Warm Regards,

Too all in America,

William.

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

Excellent post. I'm with you 100% but with the way the Redskins have been playing of recent weeks it would take a lot to convince me which team is going to show up. The first 5 games of the season, or the last 5. Seattle has Hasselquack back and they played pretty well last week. It's a game that the Redskins should technically win, and when they are put in that situation they don't do well. IE Rams.

Archived