Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Punting Situation Solved?!?

CRobi21

I don't know about you guys, but I've been VERY impressed with our good ol' pow Plackie!!!!!! (Sorry, that's what I call him) He's been very consistent with us so far, and has done a great job dropping the ball inside the 5 on a few occasions(darn you for hustling Rock!!)

What are your guys' thoughts on him? I like him. He's relatively young, has good experience, and has been doing a great job so far with us.

Lets hope he keeps it up!!

:applause:

Just trying to find some positives as we move towards Seattle week. It'd be nice to go up there, after our struggles the last few years, and whoop up on them!

Yes he has settled the position nicely

And I would love a win up in the great northwest

Use your head dude, have you seen one post on this board about punting problems since we made the switch? He may not be the best punter in the league (very far from it), but he's CONSISTENT, which IS much better than Brooks, and pretty much all you can ask for from our punter right now. We wasted a draft pick, and this is the best we can get for now. God I wish they would ban than smiley with the hand over his face, so freaking sick of that thing, everyone wants to be the infallible voice of reason.......... Weve got bigger problems to worry about, Plackemeier should be the last thing we're criticizing right now.

You basically emphasized the point of his post...people see what they want to see. He has been consistent...yes...consistently worse than every other punter in the league. Brooks had two punts returned against him for TD's and still has a better net average. The only reason there aren't more "threads" about this is that when Brooks was here, we were winning games with the O and D playing great...Brooks was the only weak point, which is a formula for lots of threads. Right now, with our offense playing poorly and us losing, thats getting most of our attention. Plack's had some decent kicks but overall his stats are worse than Brooks in the key categories (net average, % of punts downed inside 20, % of touchbacks.) Yet some of you think its been "great"

NFL punters who have less net yards per punt Avg than Plackey:

That's right none; he is dead last among 31 punters. Yep, punting situation solved!!!!

I hope I am not setting the bar too high by wanting maybe a top 20 placing?!?!?!?! Instead of dead last?!?!?!?!

He hasn't punted in enough games this year to get a big enough data sample. Statistics lie...especially when the data sample is small. Imagine if Rock downs the punt at the 1. That's 19 extra yards to his net average.

I'm not about to sit down and run regressions, but my memory tells me that we've done a lot of punting on our opponent's side of the field. That's our offense's fault and our punter's net average is bound to suffer as a result.

So far, Plack has been easy on the eyes. So far, this is all we have to go on. Wake me up with your stats at season's end.

Archived