Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Changes

brettstr

Has anyone here realized that the O line and D line need a major overhall changes in the coaching category? Maybe the talent is there, they just don't have coaches to successfully coach these lines. Buges seems to me to way over his head like Joe Gibbs was. It seems to me Buges has so many other obstacles to deal with as well as age and youger defensive coaches master minding him so much, our players are ill equipped to handle the new schemes and technology needed to combat defenses. These lines are getting their Arses haned to them. I am afraid this will continue fro the rest of the season.

DON"T HATE Think about it.

Getting rid of Buges would be foolish IMO. The players respect him and he has more experience than anyone in the league coaching offensive lines I would imagine. I was just thinking the other day what would we do if he were to retire. He's a great O-line coach.

As far as D-line...I dont know. I'm not even sure who the coach is. I believe its Palermo? So I wont comment on that pasrt of the post.

Listen, I am not talking about age. I am talking about technology, schemes. Some have the aptitude to change or progress. Schemes are changed all the time. The matter is if the coaches can identify and adapt to changing defensive or offensive schemes. I dont think oline and dline coaches here have done that. Remeber counter try,yes Buges drew the design and was the architect. These coaches are not scheming new ideas and formations and it shows big time. These lines are very predictable. It is an absolute tribute to Clinton for his success due to power bursts and tenacity, despite the oline.

Has anyone here realized that the O line and D line need a major overhall changes in the coaching category? Maybe the talent is there, they just don't have coaches to successfully coach these lines. Buges seems to me to way over his head like Joe Gibbs was. It seems to me Buges has so many other obstacles to deal with as well as age and youger defensive coaches master minding him so much, our players are ill equipped to handle the new schemes and technology needed to combat defenses. These lines are getting their Arses haned to them. I am afraid this will continue fro the rest of the season.

DON"T HATE Think about it.

You may be right, I would just find it hard to believe that with the age of the O-line that they could do much more than they are now. While Buges may have his problems which aren't helping I think declining talent on the O-line is our biggest issue there.

Archived