Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is life in the NFL when you're 'just a good team'

Est.1974

First post, so here goes....( and its not intended to be negative !)

The way I see it, at present the Redskins are 'a good team'. Most years, you get a handful of excellent teams, a handful of poor teams & the rest are generally good. That's where we are, stuck in loads of close games ( 10 games in, average points difference per game about 6 pts ). Unless you get all of the luck, you're gonna end up not a million miles from 8-8 & on the fringes of the playoffs, but not much more.

For me, I can live with that for now because I think we're building well... The new passing offense is gonna take more time than we like to get fully bedded in, as will the '08 draft rookies on the various positions on the O'. We've also got plenty of solid talent around our D, all the general stuff I think most people tend to agree with.

The key for me getting some more elite talent / prospects on the roster, not much, but 3-4 players to push us up & out of the 'good' group. Ignoring free agency in 2009 & trading down in the '09 draft for depth ain't gonna do it for me.

We gotta get 2 of the following....a nasty DT / OL ( any position ) or OLB 'high' in the draft - The missing second rounder for JT leaves a big hole at present. On a side note, we might get that back if we trade out of the first for Miami's 2 seconds based on the draft value chart at present !!!

The other position's gotta come in FA, & keeping Hall sorts out the DB's

Overall, I don't think we need a massive overhaul on the roster, just a bit more patience & a little more high-end talent ( to replace our aging 'once high end talent' that is starting to appear here & there.....)

That feels good after 2 years as a 'guest' on ES !!!!

Gotta take the plunge sometime or another !!

Nothing looks too good after a Dallas loss, but for me the Steelers game showed how far we need to go...As an example, our D is better than our O...I love our D, it bails our O out a fair bit (all ?)of the time, yet you watch the Steelers game and you see it...Good v Elite

The answer is simple, we need different lineman on both sides of the ball. Our O-line is old and weak compared to what they need to be to be in this division. The D-line needs to be changed to guys who can actually pass rush. Andre Carter talks a good game, but doesn't paly one at all. Anyone remember a sack of his this season?? Taylor is done, and the tackles...it is silly that people like Gholston because he tries hard and was a late round pick and they like the story. But he is not a good player pure and simple. That is why Griff is doubled on just about every play, and he is getting long in the tooth anyway with no replacement on the horizon. Until we get serious about getting better guys in the trenches, we will only be average.

Way to jump in with a first post.

There is a lot that needs to be done and your right we are just an average team right now and most likely will be for the remainder of the season.

I dont think anybody has the answer.

I agree we have some holes to fill but I think this team is slightly better than average sure they are not playing like the last several weeks.

Archived