Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Raiders cut ties with Hall (Player Reactions and Quotes)

Some of Hall's Raider teammates don't seem too thrilled to see him go...(search showed nothing, and I think this is an old article...so if it's been posted, just merge it as always)

Raiders cut ties with Hall after 8 games

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-hall&prov=ap&type=lgns

By JOSH DUBOW, AP Sports Writer

Nov 5, 7:54 pm EST

Buzz Up

Print

Related Video

Weelk10 locks to win

Weelk10 locks to win

Fantasy: 4 waiver wire gems

Second-half predictions

Eagles flying high?

More NFL Videos

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP)—The Oakland Raiders’ decision to waive DeAngelo Hall just eight games after signing him to a $70 million contract brought surprised reactions from his teammates who now wonder even more about the future of the franchise.

“I’ve never been in a situation where you cut one of the best players,” said safety Gibril Wilson, another of the team’s offseason acquisitions. “That’s strange to me. It’s almost like we’re throwing in the towel.”

The Raiders waived Hall on Wednesday, bringing a disappointing end to a short tenure in Oakland. The Raiders sent a second-round draft pick in 2008 and a fifth-rounder next season to Atlanta in March to acquire Hall, who immediately was given a seven-year contract.

Hall was supposed to form one of the top cornerback duos in the league with Nnamdi Asomugha, but struggled from the start of the season as he adjusted to the Raiders’ man-to-man defense.

Hall had shown signs of improvement in recent weeks, but was let go anyway following a 24-0 loss to the Falcons that dropped Oakland to 2-6 on the season.

“I’m obviously disappointed,” Asomugha said. “I don’t agree with what happened. I don’t agree with what’s going on. But I am just a player so I can’t speak on it. I don’t make the decisions. All I can do is play but I don’t agree with what happened at all.”

click the link up there to read the rest...

Archived