Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Metallica on tour

Mongo2365

Man I'm envious. This could be one of the best shows of the year.

I was out of town when Down came through Baltimore this past year.

I've seen both Metallica and Down separately, but on the same bill :applause:.

This should be a great show. I'd hope that there would be no other bands, so each can get a good set in.

I saw Metallica with Corrosion of Conformity in the mid-90's- it was either the Capital Center or US Air Arena. Great show.

Down played with no opening act at the 9:30 club in DC. Money.

I know you're going to have a blast. Man I'm all pumped up now. Let us know how great it was.

I saw Metallica with Corrosion of Conformity in the mid-90's- it was either the Capital Center or US Air Arena. Great show.

I was there my friend. I'm pretty sure the place was still called the Capital Center at the time. "Load" tour April 1996. Corrosion opened for them. Fantastic show, still one of the best I've ever seen. Load was a pretty dissapointing album overall, but when they played "Fade to Black" that night...I've never seen a D.C. crowd behave that way. It was pandemonium, awesome. Heads banging, and fists in the air. The place sang with James through the whole song. Great memory. :cheers:

I was there my friend. I'm pretty sure the place was still called the Capital Center at the time. "Load" tour April 1996. Corrosion opened for them. Fantastic show, still one of the best I've ever seen. Load was a pretty dissapointing album overall, but when they played "Fade to Black" that night...I've never seen a D.C. crowd behave that way. It was pandemonium, awesome. Heads banging, and fists in the air. The place sang with James through the whole song. Great memory. :cheers:

That's the one my friend!! It was a bangin' night! Great you got to see it also!!! :applause::cheers:

So the show last night was awesome! I missed The Sword and got there in time to see Down who played for about 45 minutes. Then Metallica took the stage and played for about 2 hours. They did 5 songs from the new album, and played a pretty good mix from their other albums. They played One, Blackened, Master of Puppets, Nothing else Matters, Creeping Death, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Sad but True, Stone Cold Crazy, and Enter Sandman. They only played one song betwenn the two Load albums and that was Until it Sleeps. No Fade to Black though, which I was bummed about. They did pull out No Remorse which was a nice surprise.

They had a very simple stage and were playing "in the round" (stage in the middle of the floor). No fancy pyro or backdrops or anything like that. There was a nice little laser show too right before they came on.

I also was shown much Redskin love last night. I wore my Portis jersey and had a lot of people come up to me and compliment my shirt. Very nice.

So for those of you who are going you are going to have a blast and keep on rocking!!

Archived