Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

XBOX fans

jbooma

I have mine set up on wireless. I had to use a D-link router that cost me about 100 bucks. Pretty friggin' expensive but I like not having to drill holes all throughout my house. But as soon as I played Ghost Recon solo online it made it all worth it. I'm so stoked for Brute Force. That is going to be a blast online.

I have a wireless connection to my xbox...

You need to buy a wireless router and a wireless ethernet bridge.

I have the Linksys model BEFW1154 2.4ghz 802.11b wireless router. You can pick one up for about 80 bucks. You also need to pick up the Linksys WET11 Wireless Ethernet Bridge. It is a little more expensive I think then the router (about 90-100 bucks).

Here a link to show you how it works.

Click here....

I am very happy with it overall. I get pretty good speeds through my DSL connection and the distance from the router to the ethernet bridge is about 100-200ft.

Enjoy...

Originally posted by 56Arrington56

I have a wireless connection to my xbox...

You need to buy a wireless router and a wireless ethernet bridge.

I have the Linksys model BEFW1154 2.4ghz 802.11b wireless router. You can pick one up for about 80 bucks. You also need to pick up the Linksys WET11 Wireless Ethernet Bridge. It is a little more expensive I think then the router (about 90-100 bucks).

Here a link to show you how it works.

Click here....

I am very happy with it overall. I get pretty good speeds through my DSL connection and the distance from the router to the ethernet bridge is about 100-200ft.

Enjoy...

Jbooma,

Same story with me. Except I have a different wireless bridge. Mine is made by D-link. If you have already established a wireless internet connection at your pad (for laptops, etc.) then all you need to do is plug in the bridge and let the Xbox figure out the rest in the auto configuration. However, if you don't have a wireless connection set up, you will need to get that going from your PC. That involves a router, a wireless hub, etc. It's not the cheapest way of doing things, but it sure is the easiest and the least messy way of doing things. You can either piss off your girlfriend/wife by putting holes in the wall or by running up a nice bill to get the wireless set up. Your choice. ;) Good luck, lemmie know if you have any more questions. Maybe we could get a game sometime....

Archived