Sen. Rick Santorum

JackC

Hot or Bush League.....MLP  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Hot or Bush League.....MLP

• Hot
    • Bush League

Originally posted by Art

I'm secular and what I find wrong is the normalization of this sexual deviancy at the exclusion of others.

Just cruising through here to see what took 100 posts to thrash out . . . . I skipped the first 95 for sanity's sake. :)

Art: credit to you for identifying a point of view on sexuality that skirts the usual boring antitheses:

• My completely arbitrary religion, based on some freaky stuff some guys wrote down a long time ago and they swear is the real deal straight from God, says homosexuality is wrong. If we could get away with it, I'd like to burn all the f*ggots, because God says homosexuality is wrong.
  • Homosexuality and heterosexuality are just preferences, like ice cream flavors.

I think Santorum is a creep, but he managed to blurt out in crude terms an insight that you put more concisely here.

Homosexuality *is* deviant; it *is* a dysfunction of sexual patterning. That's just an observation without any particular implications about prohibition or acceptance of sexual deviation. On the scale of sexual deviation, it's probably *more* deviant than, say, a sister and brother having sex. Maybe all sexual deviation is OK, or maybe just deviation among consenting adults, but it does seem bizarre that homosexuality seems to be achieving a protected or neutral status -- in contrast to, say, incest between sibling adults. It doesn't make any logical sense to me.

Originally posted by Atlanta Skins Fan

Maybe all sexual deviation is OK, or maybe just deviation among consenting adults, but it does seem bizarre that homosexuality seems to be achieving a protected or neutral status -- in contrast to, say, incest between sibling adults. It doesn't make any logical sense to me.

Incest creates certain physical risks to the offspring, due to the increased liklihood for lethal recessive disorders to occur.

Now, since you've qualified your statement by saying "sibling adults", well, in some states it may be legal.

Specifically I'm referring to those states that identify incest as applying to step-parents and adoptive parents who have no genetic relationship to the child. Clearly the law is meant to ban incest because it is about improper parental power over children. Once they're adults I imagine the law no longer applies. I could be wrong though.

Archived