Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seattle Times: Jim Mora, Jim Zorn could have both coached in Seattle

Taylor4Life

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/stevekelley/2008238528_kelley08.html

A year ago, they were both in Seattle. Both were assistants looking for head-coaching jobs.

They were here, and they were ready for the next step, the next stop.

This is a tale of two Jims, Zorn and Mora. What might have been and what is. The solutions that weren't.

In a perfect world, Seattle could ask for a mulligan, a do-over to start fixing its football emergency.

It could ask, as referees sometimes do, for the clock to be set back to, say, late last autumn, after the Apple Cup, when Washington football was beginning its free fall, and before Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren had decided his future.

The solutions were there, right in front of us, as obvious as Mount Rainier.

The answers to the troubles at Washington and to the future of the Seahawks were a pair of Jims.

It could have happened, but it didn't.

Seattle kinda reminds of like ... an ex girlfriend who realizes what a gem she had in Jim Zorn only after he moves on to greener pastures with the much more attractive Washington. ;)

"Zorn, come back! Please! I made such a big mistake, I love you!!!"

"I'm sorry Seattle, but you had your chance .. I gave you all the time in the world and you sent me packing as soon as Jim Mora came along. I'm over you and I've moved on!"

I actually have a new theory as to why Seattle is sucking hard (especially in the passing game) of late.

Is it because Zorn was actually the innovator and the voice of the players to Holmgren? Perhaps the key gut calls he is making here are actually the reason Seattle was winning (other than a weak ass division and some talent).

I know Holmgren had the final say, but what if the little voice in his ear was Zorn all along?

I am certainly glad he is here and doing so well.:point2sky

Guest Roger_Haggins

Jim Mora really isn't a bad coach, remember he did make it to the NFC Championship with the Falcons not to long ago

Archived