Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

who here works for AIG

mook_juice83

I work for American General Financial Services(a subsidiary) as a Fin. Rep., and honestly I have no idea what to think of the whole mess. I do know that I got a fresh copy of my resume ready.

Anyone work for AIG have any opinions of whats going on. Obviously I think its a good thing that we didn't file bankruptcy, but in long the run I'm pretty much clueless as to whats gonna happen to my job, or opportunity for promotion.

I don't know how much help I can be to you but, I represent AIG for personal lines insurance. We were told that the financial sector and banking sector are the most worried and that the insurance will still be steadfast. Good luck and the bailout should help you guys (hopefully).

I know that I should be ok in the future, I have a BS in Business admin, but just finding a job out of college was hard enough to keep from wanting to look for a new job. I mortgage loan officer license in NC and a LAH insurance license in VA(that AIG paid for), i just don't know how I should or want to use these if I were to need a job

Good luck man. This has got to be a nerve wracking time for anyone working in that market. I know how rough it was landing a decent job right out of college, I was in the same boat. The gigs are out there, just need to keep your eyes open though. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Archived